1 (edited by ArtOfSound 2023-06-09 17:41:58)

Topic: [Solved] M-1610 AVB Redundant connection

Hi All,

Trying to establish a redundant AVB connection between two 1610's. Both units are on the latest firmware, the two primaries are connected into an L-Acoustics LS10 switch with a control PC, the secondaries are plugged in directly into each other. I've factory defaulted both devices and the IP's are set to DHCP. Have tried static IP's on different subnets, same subnets with no luck.

Connecting the streams in Hive only connects the primary streams with an error on the secondary. The error is "Connected but not in the same domain". RME Remote reads no connection on the secondary.
This did not happen on the older firmware.

Not really sure where I'm going wrong, help!

https://imgur.com/nsM0Bpj.jpg

https://imgur.com/W9GEPRV.jpg

Thanks, Art

Re: [Solved] M-1610 AVB Redundant connection

Hi Art,

can you check what grandmasters the devices have picked on the secondary port? This information can be found in the Entity Model Inspector in the "AVB Interface" section. (It's also possible to add it as a column in the devices list)

Do you by chance have a second AVB switch at hand, that you can put between the two units on the secondary network?

Meanwhile, we will look into it as well and see if we can replicate that behaviour.

Thanks
Marc

Hi Art,

I was able to replicate the behavior. We are working on a fix - will keep you updated here when the firmware update is available.

-Max

Marc S wrote:

Hi Art,

can you check what grandmasters the devices have picked on the secondary port? This information can be found in the Entity Model Inspector in the "AVB Interface" section. (It's also possible to add it as a column in the devices list)

Do you by chance have a second AVB switch at hand, that you can put between the two units on the secondary network?

Meanwhile, we will look into it as well and see if we can replicate that behaviour.

Thanks
Marc

Hi Marc, sorry for taking so long to come back to you. Looking at the secondary AVB interface it seems to have picked itself as the grandmaster. This is with another AVB switch between the secondary ports.

The issue seems to be solved with the beta firmware I've received from Max.

Thank you for looking into this, looking forward to the official release.

Kind regards,
Art

Firmware 2.5.0 has addressed this issue. It is currently getting released - you can already download it using the web remote ('check for new firmware' in settings).