1 (edited by NL440 2023-06-16 06:52:25)

Topic: Using magnified display on UFX III, I don't see the meters working,

I see the analog output meters working when I'm on the regular display on the UFX III. but when I go to the magnified display to show only analog ins and out 1-8. I'm not seeing anything on the meters. How can I fix this?

2 (edited by ramses 2023-06-16 06:06:08)

Re: Using magnified display on UFX III, I don't see the meters working,

Magnified display? Do you mean if you toggle the display by pushing encoder 1 or 2?

This is no "magnified display", by this you toggle between the metering of

A) Analog 1-8, Mic/Inst 9-12, AES , ADAT1, ADAT2   IN
    Analog 1-8, Phones 9-12, AES , ADAT1, ADAT2   OUT

B) MADI 1-64   IN
     MADI 1-64  OUT

If you should mean something different, please provide screenshots, thanks.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

3 (edited by NL440 2023-06-16 06:55:58)

ramses wrote:

Magnified display? Do you mean if you toggle the display by pushing encoder 1 or 2?

This is no "magnified display", by this you toggle between the metering of

A) Analog 1-8, Mic/Inst 9-12, AES , ADAT1, ADAT2   IN
    Analog 1-8, Phones 9-12, AES , ADAT1, ADAT2   OUT

B) MADI 1-64   IN
     MADI 1-64  OUT

If you should mean something different, please provide screenshots, thanks.

Yes, that's what I mean -- except that it's supposed to show Analog 1-8 in and out only, not MADI.

From the UFX-III manual: "Default in the display is the Global Level Meter screen, which shows the current signal levels for
all I/Os. By pressing the encoder knob 1 only the first 8 analog I/Os (Analog Level Meter screen)
are displayed, which makes the level display larger and thus easier to read."

But for me it's not showing anyactual signal levels of Analog 1 - 8 I/Os. When I switch back to the Global Level Meter screen the levels are there.

Copy/paste bug from the UCX II manual.
Check screen #2 with 64 MADI channels .. now extrapolate how thin the metering with all 94 channels would be.
If fear this would not deliver a good overview anymore.
Maybe this is currently already the Maximum of what the display resolution can deliver.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

5 (edited by NL440 2023-06-16 19:15:48)

ramses wrote:

Copy/paste bug from the UCX II manual.
Check screen #2 with 64 MADI channels .. now extrapolate how thin the metering with all 94 channels would be.
If fear this would not deliver a good overview anymore.
Maybe this is currently already the Maximum of what the display resolution can deliver.

Yes, that makes sense, thank you. It's just miswritten in the manual. I never will use MADI so it would be great if they also had the option to look at the Analog 1-8 I/Os in screen #2 - more flexibility for more users!

Thanks for the note, I fixed this in manual v 1.3.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME