Topic: help?RME Fireface UC cannot be used under Nuendo 10or 12(macOS 12),do.

My RME Fireface UC cannot be used under Nuendo 10or 12. The hardware can be recognized on ASIO, but there is no sound. I tried the driver V3.28 V4.06Bata V4.08, but it doesn’t work. What is the problem? Some friends Have you encountered this problem? My computer is Mac book Pro 16 (2019) with Intel CPU, macOs 12.6. Same problem on another Mac Book pro 16 (Intel macOs 11).

Re: help?RME Fireface UC cannot be used under Nuendo 10or 12(macOS 12),do.

Did you try the 322 ?
https://rme-audio.de/downloads/driver_u … 3222b2.zip

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

thank you!the V322 can't install macOS 12.6,It's very weird, I searched for a lot of information, but I couldn't find it on the Internet, and I almost collapsed.

Check if the UC unit is set to Apple mode AP, not Windows mode PC

Check the correct firmware version by a double click on the rotary encoder button. The display PC means Windows, the display AP means Mac. The double click automatically switches between both versions. Note: a change of state is only possible when the unit is not connected to the computer.

The 328 driver should work.
You also can download the newest Totalmix separate and drop it in your applications folder manually :
https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/tota … ac_183.zip

jnle77 wrote:

My RME Fireface UC cannot be used under Nuendo 10or 12. The hardware can be recognized on ASIO, but there is no sound. I tried the driver V3.28 V4.06Bata V4.08, but it doesn’t work. What is the problem? Some friends Have you encountered this problem? My computer is Mac book Pro 16 (2019) with Intel CPU, macOs 12.6. Same problem on another Mac Book pro 16 (Intel macOs 11).

Hi
Check once, if Nuendo is allowed to use the 'microphone' in macOS system settings > security and privacy > microphone

UCX - FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

I have tried all the above methods, but still can’t solve the problem. Later, I thought of a way to temporarily solve it through the Audio MIDI setup of macOS, Create Aggrerate Device, add Fireface UC Mac, and then select this device as the audio card in Nuendo That's it, it seems that there is no problem in the current test.

So, I hope RME engineers can pay attention to this problem, thank you for your help.

7 (edited by waedi 2023-06-19 09:20:10)

In the MacOS system settings Security and Privacy check for Nuendo and Totalmix being enabled for microphone.
In Midi-audio settings delete this aggregate. Do nothing there.
In the MacOS system settings Audio select RME for input and output device.
In Nuendo settings select system audio for input and output device.

waedi ,thank u very much!According to your method, System AUDIO is not found in Nuendo‘s Audio Device.I can only use this method for now!

Ohh.!
Is there something to choose instead of ASIO ?
You wrote in your first post hardware can be found under ASIO, is it possible to switch that to Core-audio ?

It seems that Nuendo does not support core audio, so devices other than ASIO cannot be selected.

There's no ASIO in MacOS, only Core Audio.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thank you for the Support,I see!I have returned to V3.27 for now,I refer to this post ,https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 69#p188269 I hope  Steinberg Fix it soon.:)