Topic: Feedback for recent Madi FX drivers (15.5)

Hi there,

I want to give some feedback regarding the most recent drivers for the HDSPe series (DriverKit) and just for the Madi FX (Kernel).
I use a M1 MacBook Pro with the latest non beta Ventura release 13.3.1 (a) and a MadiFX (latest firmware) which is connected via TB3 chassis.

DriverKit 4.08:

- driver is stable from a system point of view
- I have sudden noises with this driver in Cubase and also other apps like Spotify which unfortunately makes it unusable

Kernel Driver 1.33:
- driver is only stable until the MacBook goes to sleep, after that it becomes unresponsive (no sound) and the firmware is identified as "0". The only way to fix is by rebooting the machine, restart of CoreAudio service is not enough
- no sudden noises or anything

Any tips on how I can improve the situation?
Thanks!

Re: Feedback for recent Madi FX drivers (15.5)

Thanks for the info. This was a small bug in the driver, I just uploaded a newer version 1.33 (please download and reinstall).

2023/05/22 Version 1.33 (2)

- Mini fix for the HDSPe MADI FX with DK firmware: after sleep card was no longer found

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for the update! I can confirm that this fixes the sleep issue smile

I have updated to the ver (2) as well as the latest kernel firmware  but still have this problem of the madi fx being undetected (ver 0) after my max studio sleeps

Do you have the latest firmware on your Madi FX?

Yes latest firmware.