Topic: 12mic MADI 'drop' word clock

if I turn on the autoset function for at least 10 channels when using the 12mic, it indicates a clock signal problem and goes silent for 1 second in case of a peak.
It is connected to UFX 3 with a Madi (aux) connection and the clock signal is also provided by UFX.

If I turn off the autoset functions, there is no problem. (It took me 1 hour to find the cause...)

UFX 3, UCX, UCX 2, mic12, Babyface pro FS

Re: 12mic MADI 'drop' word clock

I tested this with firmware 1.6.2 and cannot reproduce the described behavior. I have AutoSet activated on 12 channels and let individual channels clip - the device does not unlock from WCK in, neither at 48k or 96k sampling rates.

Max wrote:

I tested this with firmware 1.6.2 and cannot reproduce the described behavior. I have AutoSet activated on 12 channels and let individual channels clip - the device does not unlock from WCK in, neither at 48k or 96k sampling rates.

Did you test with UFX 3? Peak is also on the UFX 3 when lose the 12mic a clock.

Latest firmware on both devices, 48k

Please double check that you have selected "Internal" as clock source in UFX3 settings dialog.

By the way, is there a specific reason that you run a word clock cable in addition to the MADI optical cable? You could just synchronize to incoming MADI Optical signal (in the 12Mic settings).

12 microphones (acoustic drums) go into the 12mic. Madi IN out > UFX 3 is connected with 2 Coax cables.
Mixing goes on the UFX-3 and then the mix goes back on MADI to the 12mic headphone output.

I don't use a separate clock connection.

UFX 3 settings:
Sample rate 48000 Hz
Clock source: internal

everything works fine until i turn on all autosets on 12mic

You say the device "indicates a clock signal problem" - what exactly does it show or do?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

RME Support wrote:

You say the device "indicates a clock signal problem" - what exactly does it show or do?

- the headphone output is silent for 1 second on the 12mic.
the coaxial madi and 48 kHz clock pictograms will be red at the same time on the 12mic and the web remote interface. Then green again.
Unfortunately, I don't remember the other pictograms now, I'll check them on Wednesday.

We have checked this with UFX III and cannot reproduce your problem. Could you check with an optical MADI connection to make sure your BNC connectors&cables are all fine? Also, please feel free to contact support directly with your case - a short video, for example, would make it easier to find the problem in your setup.