Topic: Remote looks great but could you fix the menu navigation on the unit

Remote function looks great but could you fix the horrible menu navigation on the unit itself, the way you move thru pages is needlessly complicated and confusing, and pushing on the encoders to scroll thru menus feel horrible, you have to hold the unit down otherwise it moves on the desk whenever you press the encoders.
Here is what I propose on how to make it better
-1st consolidate pages and sub pages into one function, for example in setup menu there are options, setup pages, etc... the option page has display, and clock sub pages and so on, make it that the pages and sub pages are consolidated into a single function so when you scroll thru all the option sub pages you get to setup page automatically.
-2nd make the first encoder scroll thru the menus, instead of of pushing the encoders in.
with this two changes the menu system would feel much smoother, faster and less confusing to navigate, not to mention using the unit would feel much better since you would not need to hold it down whenever you wanted to change settings.

Re: Remote looks great but could you fix the menu navigation on the unit

For the DAC this might kind of work.

For the Pro versions “consolidation” of the sub-menus into a single one would mean scrolling through an endless number of entries.

Scrolling with encoders is so fast though, but even without consolidating pages and sub pages you could still make the control scheme work, just make the page selectable item and use 2nd encoder to scroll thru pages just like you would scroll thru sub pages, reserving 1st encoder just to scroll thru the pages is really clunky and unrefined way of doing it.

I totally agree with you that the menu navigation is horrible.

But I'm afraid it's to late to remedy this with software measure.

For example, pushing the encoders, is "hardcoded" to the devices physical interface.
"PRESS" is printed on the facade!! OMG
And for mainly aesthetically reason, I think the small encoder knobs had to be a lot shorter, in same proportion to the main volume knob. Pressing such stick-like things in its axial direction is never intuitive and pleasant.

The physical platform needs be fundamentally redesigned.
Until then the Remote will be our only savior.