Topic: Red numbers when changing sample rate

Hi, I've been struggling with some difficulties with an ADI 2 DAC. The sound cuts out slightly while changing sample rate (still audible). It happens with my local library and also with streaming. But this is a very concrete question for other users: when your unit changes sample rate (SR), do the numbers indicating the SR turn red for a fraction of a second? I'd like to know if this is part of the problem or if it's normal behaviour.
Thank you.

Re: Red numbers when changing sample rate

It's normal behaviour, and usually the audible pause is caused by the specific player. They can be quick and slow doing this.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

It's normal behaviour, and usually the audible pause is caused by the specific player. They can be quick and slow doing this.

Thank you for the quick reply, MC. The same happens whether I use Qobuz (streaming) or Audirvana (local files). With Audirvana, I need to add a 1-second delay when changing SR to prevent this. Is it still normal? I hope so, cause I really like the ADI.

With JRiver ASIO it works without noticeable pause for me.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

With JRiver ASIO it works without noticeable pause for me.

Thanks again Matthias. I followed your advice. I tried JRiver (also with WASAPI), and the cutout is much shorter, honestly almost imperceptible. If it were the RME unit, it would no different, but it was! And there was a big improvement. Also, I made sure to check the "gapless" option between tracks (like I did with Audirvana), so that I could actually compare. The conclusion is that probably there is something weird going on with my PC setup, and not the RME unit. I had to clarify this for anybody who might read the thread!