Topic: Record on audacity or Logic with totalmix

Hello,

I'd like to use babyface Pro FS, among other things, to record vinyl mixes from a mixer with two RCA record outputs.

I've connected babyface to the instuments 3 and 4 physical inputs using the Mono Jack connector.

No problems so far.

On totalmix, I have inputs 3 and 4 with signal.
I've managed to assign the main to the headphone output so that I can listen through headphones and adjust the gain. ok

Where I'm a bit lost is when I use Audacity or even Logic. I can't record because I don't know how to assign the recording from inputs 3 and 4 to Audacity or Logic.

The software have recognized babyface. but no signal.

At the moment I can only use the AN 1/2 part as an output to the headphone to listen what I have already produced in Audacity.

Can you help me?

I have seen introduction video. Very helpfull.

Best regards.

Re: Record on audacity or Logic with totalmix

Are you using Windows or MacOS?

MAC OS Ventura 13.4.1

MAC OS Ventura 13.4.1
Mini MAC M2
RME Babyface Pro FS
Firmware USB V320
Driver V3.28B

I don't use MacOS so hopefully some of the other members that use it can chime in.

None of this is RME issues, you just need to understand how to setup the software.

First make sure you have granted Microphone access to both apps, you must do this to allow them to record audio.
Apple menu > System Settings > Privacy & Security > Microphone

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

In audio applications on macOS, the inputs appear only as 'input 1', 'input 2' … no further, more precise names by default. So with the Babyface pro, you have to choose inputs 3/4 in Logic or Audacity.

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

In Logic, create an Audio stereo track and set the input source. https://support.apple.com/guide/logicpr … 5da064/mac