Topic: UFX - AES input selection directly from the device

Hello,

I own a Fireface UFX since a few years,

I would like to be able to route AES input from my Kemper AES connection to UFX Main Out monitors (Out 1/2) without having to turn on my PC.

I usually have it set so that AES input is in ADAT 2 mode in order to route optical SPDIF audio signal from the PC to the UFX.

Is there anyone who can tell me if it's possible to switch AES input between AES and ADAT 2 directly from the device and not through the Fireface USB Settings software, so that I can use my Kemper with Main Monitors without having to turn on my PC?

2 (edited by waedi 2023-07-20 17:54:47)

Re: UFX - AES input selection directly from the device

You have to store a routing (made in Totalmix) as a setup (6 different setups possible)

Page 48 user manual

23.3 Store / Load Setups at the Unit

After hitting the key SETUP/REV, turning the encoder 1 changes to Setups. First select the preferred storage place, then the desired process (load or store). The load/store process is completed by pushing encoder 2 for more than one second.

23.4 Storing Setups from the Computer

Setups can also be loaded into the unit from the computer. As the Setups are usually generated at the computer the final step of transmission offers a convenient workflow. In TotalMix FX use Options / Store current state into device to select the desired storage place (Setup) within the unit.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Thank you for your answer,

I had already found the setup store/load feature on the manual but since the store/load feature was in Totalmix I thought it didn't include the settings from the Fireface USB settings menu.. moreover the manual says that the UFX is fully controllable from the device itself so I thought I was missing a sub menu where I could switch the AES input.

I'll try using the store/load feature. Thank you again.

I tried the solution and it works perfectly, just have to take note that if you load the preset directly from the UFX while it is connected to the PC and the PC is on, Totalmix will instantly revert the UFX to its previous state, so it only works if you do it while the PC is turned off.