Topic: External effects in Cubase - delay not being reported

I found an old thread from 2011 about this issue. I was wondering if this has been fixed.

I cannot get my delay compensation for external effects (1176 Compressor). I hit the ping button and I see it in the Totalmix meters and on the compressor VU meter. Cubase isn't detecting it. Has anyone else had this issue?

Cubase 11
Mac OS 11.7 (Big Sur)
RME UFX+

Re: External effects in Cubase - delay not being reported

You have to provide a full routing path.
In Cubase you can define an external device and need to configure the appropriate inputs and outputs.
In TotalMix FX this corresponds to the HW inputs (top row) and the SW playbacks (middle row).
Do not forget to route the SW playbacks to the particular HW outputs (submix) which lead to the inputs of the compressor.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: External effects in Cubase - delay not being reported

If connected to the analog in and outs of the ufx ping should return zero since the delay is already reported to cubase by the driver. If you use external adda that is slower then the ufx converters or if the external device is digital ping will report a positive ping. If you use faster adda, you have a problem cause cubase can't deal with negative pings. Then you will have to manually adjust and measure. But if analog in and out the process is already automatic.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632