Topic: Multichannel WAV File Batch Processor

I have recorded files on a USB stick plugged into the front of my UFX. There is no problem with the multichannel files when loaded into Samplitde, but I need them split into nine separate files.

I try to add them from my hard drive to the Batch Processor and receive the error message: "File could not be added to list. Selected input file is too small."

I get the same message for all files, whether 2GB, 670.7.MB or other length.

What am I doing wrong, please?

Many thanks,

David

Classical ambisonic surround recording: UFX, FF400, Alesis HD24, Edirol R-44/88, Samplitude ProX 3.

Re: Multichannel WAV File Batch Processor

How about exporting them from Samplitude?

You could try Sound Devices' "Wave Agent"

http://sounddevices.com/support/downloads/wave-agent

to split your interleaved files into many mono files.

Frank Lockwood
https://LockwoodARS.com
Fireface 800, Firmware 2.77
Drivers: Win10, 3.125; Mac, 3.36

Thanks!  But as far as I am aware, Wave Agent does not do quite the same thing.

e.g Let's say I have a 2GB file, continued in a 600k file.  Both are 6- channel files.  The join between the two is in the middle of a chord.  The RME app is supposed to geive me 6 files, not 12, and I do not have to line the beginning of the second file up to the end of the first one in order to avoid the gap in the middle of the chord!

The question is: why is the RME program not working for me?

David.

Classical ambisonic surround recording: UFX, FF400, Alesis HD24, Edirol R-44/88, Samplitude ProX 3.

> e.g Let's say I have a 2GB file, continued in a 600k file.

I am pretty sure in that case our tool would work. Your first example was a file smaller than 2 GB. If the 2GB and 600k File is one continued uninterrupted recording, and doesn't load, please make it available to download so I can check for you.

Maybe you renamed them so the Batch processor no longer identifies them correctly?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks, Matthias.  I have arrived further, but still have not been successful.  I have written you offlist.

David

7 (edited by Clint Goss 2023-06-21 11:55:23)

david-p wrote:

... receive the error message: "File could not be added to list. Selected input file is too small."

I too am receiving the "... input file is too small" message. I kept trying and it eventually accepted the file (maybe the fifth try).

I then performed a conversion using the [Start] button and got "State: Output file can not be written."

Any clues to either issue? All files go through a Windows Junction, and all files are located in a Dropbox repository, if that makes a difference ...

The input file has 5 channels. I can successfully perform the conversion to a Multi Channel File (not what I need), but when I select 1-Channel Files, I get the Output file can not be written message. I cannot select 2-Channel Files since there is an odd number of tracks.

This is a thread from 2015... Which version of the Batch Processor are you using?
Can you try with local files?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

9 (edited by Clint Goss 2023-06-21 16:58:17)

Thanks for handling this issue!!

I'm on v1.3 on Win10x64.

I just the same test on a file system with no junctions or Dropbox involvement. Still fails with a "State: Output file can not be written."

It is a 5-track 48KHz 24 bit source file that is 2min 19 seconds long being written to 1-channel Files. I give a name of "UCXTest" for the output file(s). It succeeds when I write it as "Multi Channel File".

Here is a link to the WAV file that fails in v1.3 of the Batch Processor ...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m23bwe1kyn6nq … 0.WAV?dl=0

Still failing on a new set of 3, one-gigabyte, 5-channel recordings with the error "State: Output file can not be written."

Am I using the latest version (v1.3)?

Does anyone else have this failure with the file I provided?

I have changed my workflow to use Reaper, which works well (although not as convenient) for this task ...

Clint Goss wrote:

Still failing on a new set of 3, one-gigabyte, 5-channel recordings with the error "State: Output file can not be written."

Am I using the latest version (v1.3)?

Does anyone else have this failure with the file I provided?

I have changed my workflow to use Reaper, which works well (although not as convenient) for this task ...

I'm using Batch Processor v1.2 on Win10x64 and your file works perfectly

Jorge

Windows 10, i7-6800K, ADI-2 Pro, Fireface UFX II

Latest version is 1.31. Took 2 seconds to process to 5 files. Output path invalid?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks Matthias -
I loaded v1.31 over v1.3 and it succeeds on the test file I posted, the same file that v1.3 failed on.
All is good!

same on my environment. it sometimes works but mostly happens error.
V1.31
Win10 Pro 64bit / Win11 Pro 64bit / Win7 Pro 64bit

UFX, XTC, BabyPro, Baby, UCX, QuadII, M16&32ADDA, HDSP(e) MADI AIO 9632 Multiface2
Win10, BigSur

i ingest the file that go out from RME FIREFACE UCXII. many channels armed and processed, and it process but just one file in the output, not multifiles on output. Nothing happened.