Topic: Fireface ucx ii with Arturia Audiofuse Studio ADAT??!

Hey !

Do you know if i can just connect the two interfaces through ADAT for more inputs? Do i need anything else other than the audio optical cable?

Thanks a lot in advance !

y

Re: Fireface ucx ii with Arturia Audiofuse Studio ADAT??!

ADAT will work fine...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

RME Support wrote:

ADAT will work fine...

Hey !

So i don't seem to make it work. I am connecting ADAT in to the RME and ADAT out from the ARTURIA. I am not receiving any Audio, anything else i need to do?

Best
y

The Audiofuse probably needs configuration to work this way, that is not something we can help with.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

If the clocking is not correctly done then any ADAT input signal will be muted. Check the Settings dialog, read the manual's chapters about clock setup...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hey again ! I have picked up my audient asp 880 from the studio and connected it via ADAT to the RME and still it doesn't work.

I am connecting input RME to output Audient, master or slave i am not getting any signal in total mix...I am using a normal optical cable that i used all my life, am i missing anything here?

Thanks in advance !
y

I tried to change the cable, i tried all the clock settings that are possible, i am not getting any connection between the two. In the "Fireface USB settings" it is not showing me any connection in the input status.
To be honest, now i remembered why i sold my rme years ago. It is always never easy with the RMEs..
So frustrating...

I've used several different 8 and 2 channel AD/DA converters with both my Babyface Pro Fs and UCXII and had no issues once the settings were correctly configured. I don't know the Arturia you're trying to use but I think it's another interface, not standalone ADAT converter? I'm wondering if that is part of the problem? Is the Arturia ASIO?

you haven't mentioned how you're routing the incoming ADAT signals in Totalmix. I understand you're not hearing anything but are you seeing any levels on the UCXII display? how long have you had the UCXII?

sorry you're having problems and are frustrated. hopefully someone more experienced with what you're trying to do will respond soon smile

yousef.kekhia wrote:

Hey again ! I have picked up my audient asp 880 from the studio and connected it via ADAT to the RME and still it doesn't work.

I am connecting input RME to output Audient, master or slave i am not getting any signal in total mix...I am using a normal optical cable that i used all my life, am i missing anything here?

Thanks in advance !
y

Hello!

Can you post a screenshot of your "FireFace Usb Settings" and TMFX?

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632

10 (edited by waedi 2023-07-29 06:54:12)

May be a Loopback test can show if the Audiofuse is sending Adat signal ?
Connect an Adat cable from output to input and see if a send signal arrives in the input ?

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Hey !

Thanks for your help, i gave up the trying to connect the Arturia and now i am only trying to connect it with the Audit 880 via ADAT. So basically i am going IN RME and out on Audient (it has only out for sure). Still no sign of connection in RME Fireface USB settings.

sbcrikey wrote:

I've used several different 8 and 2 channel AD/DA converters with both my Babyface Pro Fs and UCXII and had no issues once the settings were correctly configured. I don't know the Arturia you're trying to use but I think it's another interface, not standalone ADAT converter? I'm wondering if that is part of the problem? Is the Arturia ASIO?

you haven't mentioned how you're routing the incoming ADAT signals in Totalmix. I understand you're not hearing anything but are you seeing any levels on the UCXII display? how long have you had the UCXII?

sorry you're having problems and are frustrated. hopefully someone more experienced with what you're trying to do will respond soon smile

As i said, no sign of connection whatsoever, even if i change the clock setting on the Audient. Here you go:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ann8v3ds1fgk7hq1jvjvv/Screenshot-2023-07-31-at-00.49.22.png?rlkey=utnqge8cpclng6lzydwv0y7t1&dl=1

MetalHeadKeys wrote:
yousef.kekhia wrote:

Thanks in advance !
y

Hello!

Can you post a screenshot of your "FireFace Usb Settings" and TMFX?

A this point, i start to think it is a hardware problem, will try to buy another cable tomorrow (tried two already but who knows) and then it is either the Audient connection got broken with moving or the RME came with a faulty ADAT connection. I really don't know...

14 (edited by waedi 2023-07-31 00:03:19)

Did you try clock-setting external adat optical in the RME settings (while the clock in the Audiofuse is set to internal) ?

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

yousef.kekhia wrote:

A this point, i start to think it is a hardware problem, will try to buy another cable tomorrow (tried two already but who knows) and then it is either the Audient connection got broken with moving or the RME came with a faulty ADAT connection. I really don't know...

Takes 10 seconds to find out. Plug ADAT out to ADAT in (cable loopback on the UCX II ) and see if the signal is received and audio coming in.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yes, Still nothing is changing in the Fireface USB Settings

waedi wrote:

Did you try clock-setting external adat optical in the RME settings (while the clock in the Audiofuse is set to internal) ?

I just tried, going out of the RME into IN again, nothing changes, no signal on the ADAT channel and no sync or anything in the input status of the "Fireface USB Settings". Where should i see a change actually?

Here is another screenshot (i am sending audio from my synth on Channel 6 just to see)

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/iohaou10rexta7nprxtho/Screenshot-2023-07-31-at-11.54.09.png?rlkey=vi23ly8phzc4h3p6awownyubk&dl=1

MC wrote:
yousef.kekhia wrote:

Takes 10 seconds to find out. Plug ADAT out to ADAT in (cable loopback on the UCX II ) and see if the signal is received and audio coming in.

I'm gonna go and buy a new ADAT cable, even though i have tried two of mine, just to clear this out finally.

yousef.kekhia wrote:

I'm gonna go and buy a new ADAT cable, even though i have tried two of mine, just to clear this out finally.

Do you see a red light on the ADAT OUT plug and when you plug in the TOSLINK cable do you see the red light on the other end coming out?

I unplugged the cable that is going to the "IN" and yes i see red-light coming from it. Kept the side that is going to the "Out". What does that mean now?

dreamdreamt wrote:
yousef.kekhia wrote:

Do you see a red light on the ADAT OUT plug and when you plug in the TOSLINK cable do you see the red light on the other end coming out?

yousef.kekhia wrote:

I unplugged the cable that is going to the "IN" and yes i see red-light coming from it. Kept the side that is going to the "Out". What does that mean now?

This means that the optical fiber inside the cable is not broken (the cable is OK) and that 99% the reason for the issue lies somewhere else.