Topic: BabyFace Classic NO SOUND only Through Adat

Hi , any help would be much apreciated it.

I've been traveling for the last year or so ... I bought  a new macboom pro  M1 with monetrrey 12.6.5

When I came back home after a year of not using the BAbyface btw  and Installed My Babyface it all went perfectly asn intructed in the website  ... But ....there is no sound through either main outputs or the headphone jack...

Weird thing is that  sound does come out  BUT ONLY  through an Adat  8 channel preamps interface that I have laying around ..

Total mix seems to work totally fine Buttons work perfectly etc , it's just the sound ...  it outputs some sort of soft white noise only .

any ideas would be Amazing and super apreciate it in adavnaced.

Re: BabyFace Classic NO SOUND only Through Adat

How about changing sample rate in the Settings dialog ?
From 48kHz up to 192 kHz and back to 48 kHz ?
Maybe the converter needs some special awakening treatment after the vacation ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

3 (edited by ramses 2023-07-27 07:28:56)

Adashi wrote:

Hi , any help would be much apreciated it.

I've been traveling for the last year or so ... I bought  a new macboom pro  M1 with monetrrey 12.6.5

When I came back home after a year of not using the BAbyface btw  and Installed My Babyface it all went perfectly asn intructed in the website  ... But ....there is no sound through either main outputs or the headphone jack...

Weird thing is that  sound does come out  BUT ONLY  through an Adat  8 channel preamps interface that I have laying around ..

Total mix seems to work totally fine Buttons work perfectly etc , it's just the sound ...  it outputs some sort of soft white noise only .

any ideas would be Amazing and super apreciate it in adavnaced.

Is the device still in normal mode or in CC mode? See manual ch 14.
https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/bface_e.pdf
If you should need to switch, then you need an external PSU and the BBF needs to be in stand-alone mode, not connected via USB to the computer.

How is the device connected? Directly to the mac or using an USB hub?
I would try to connect the BBF directly to the USB port on the mac and I would try each of the USB ports.

Do you use a power supply? Can you check, whether using a PSU for the BBF makes any difference?

> I bought  a new macboom pro  M1 with monetrrey 12.6.5

What does this mean? Did you buy this new Mac while travelling so that you have now a different computer hardware than in the past? You are not clear on that.

If this is the case
- maybe you picked the wrong driver for the M1 (for Mac, there are two different drivers available)?
- Which driver did you install?
- do you still have the old computer/mac to check whether it still works there?

Or .. wasn't there somewhere to configure to give applications access to the Mic and such things, like on Windows 10/11?

Perhaps somebody else, knowing Mac better than me, can help you on this further, but please deliver the missing information.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

First of all I simply would double check the routings in Totalmix. Are you sure to have the software playback channel faders raised up when main or headphone outputs are selected?

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

Thanks buit nope that didnt do the trick Unfurtionally

Thank you for reply ...

So no unfurtionally I dont have external PSU.
BBF it's conected directly to My laptop , no hub in between
I have tried all the usb port in my laptop

I've already installed the latest Driver 4.08 and firmware v226, Intsalled the driver that requires to restart in safe mode so on and so on ... seems it installed totally fine thou
I do have my previous mac which I already installed the correct driver for it but no its' no working either

BBF it's directly plugged to the computer
I dont have A power supply unfurtionally ...
Did tired changing the CC mode throughan RME video that says to whole umplugged press both bottoms and plug the usb cable but nothing seemed to happen