1 (edited by eobet 2023-07-28 12:38:06)

Topic: Quickly swapping between settings?

I'm sorry if I missed something obvious (the manual is quite a lot to take in and it took me over a day just to grasp the settings and I must still often refer to the manual on how to change something, and well... despite all that I'm still not sure exactly how the PEQ works... for each button press, I must literally turn the knobs to see what happens), so I have a question:

Is there a way to quickly (one button) switch between two settings? That is, complete with all settings and EQ and bass + treble?

My use case is that I have a "comfortable listening" set up with added bass, that wonderful loudness, crossfeed and a notch in the EQ (for my tinnitus) for when I listen to music while working, but when I want to buy new music, I want it completely neutral and untouched.

Right now, the fastest way to achieve that is to pull out the USB chord and plop it into my other DAC, but that's perhaps only because I'm very insecure with the ADI-2 still.

2 (edited by Steff 2023-07-28 18:54:36)

Re: Quickly swapping between settings?

Look at the manual chapter 14.2 Load/Store all Settings

You can load and store 9 variabel complete settings of the ADI 2
Or look for the released Windows and/or IOS App - then you can manage the RME more comfortable from PC or Laptop via USB

And you can map one key on the device (or on the remote/both) to load a certain setting, which contains again a key re-mapping to load the next setting. This way you can cycle through up to 9 (all) configs by using only one remapped key.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Steff wrote:

Look at the manual chapter 14.2 Load/Store all Settings

That chapter specifically says that the EQ settings are not included. Or did I misunderstand it?

ramses wrote:

And you can map one key on the device (or on the remote/both) to load a certain setting, which contains again a key re-mapping to load the next setting. This way you can cycle through up to 9 (all) configs by using only one remapped key.

This sounds like what I'm looking for. Could you please point me to where in the user manual this is described?

When I search for "remap keys" in the manual, I get either an instruction related to DSD or SPDIF, neither which sounds relevant to what I want to do.

6 (edited by ramses 2023-07-29 08:33:40)

It doesn't need any extra description, as it should be evident from the documented options.
Suppose you want to compare three different D/A filters with the same settings.

Setting 1 - Slow Filter
I/O -> Main Output 1/2 -> Settings -> DA Filter -> Slow
Options -> SPDIF / Remap Keys -> IR Key 5 -> Setup 2
Setting 2 - SD-LD Filter
I/O -> Main Output 1/2 -> Settings -> DA Filter -> SD LD
Options -> SPDIF / Remap Keys -> IR Key 5 -> Setup 3
Setting 3 - SD SHARP Filter
I/O -> Main Output 1/2 -> Settings -> DA Filter -> SD Sharp
Options -> SPDIF / Remap Keys -> IR Key 5 -> Setup 1

If you store this to setup 1-3, then you can traverse the three different D/A filter by pushing key 5 on the remote
In setup 1 it restores setup 2
In setup 2 it restores setup 3
In setup 3 it restores setup 1 again so that you have a loop and start again from the beginning.

What I did was a modification to always load setup 1 with key 5 and to rotate with key 6 like above.
By this I could at any time get the defined startpoint back, if I wanted to change from setup 2 back to 1 leaving out 3.

That was a very good idea from KaiS who posted this a few month ago.

You can use this for any kind of setting, this was only meant as an example to try different D/A filter.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

7 (edited by KaiS 2023-07-30 09:57:12)

eobet wrote:
ramses wrote:

This sounds like what I'm looking for. Could you please point me to where in the user manual this is described?

When I search for "remap keys" in the manual, I get either an instruction related to DSD or SPDIF, neither which sounds relevant to what I want to do.

The “Remap Keys“ function indeed is located lower in the same menu column as the SPDIF settings:

Set:
• SETUP / Options / SPDIF/Remap Keys / Remap Keys: “On” or “Remote”.
• SETUP / Options / SPDIF/Remap Keys / [Button xxx]: “Setup#”

@ramses extension to my original idea, assigning a certain button to a fixed start “Setup” is a nice add.

Here’s a link to my original posting, if you like some further info:
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 94#p193294