1 (edited by Adashi 2023-07-28 02:42:34)

Topic: BabyFace Classic NO SOUND "only"Through Adat

Hi , any help would be much apreciated it.
I've been traveling for the last year or so ... I bought  a new macbook pro  M1 Runing Monetrrey 12.6.5

So when I came back home after a year of not using the Babyface  I  Installed  latest Driver 4.08 and firmware v226,
Intsalled the driver that requires to restart in safe mode so on and so on

... seems it installed totally Perfectly BUT no Sound coming out

SO either through Headphone jack or main outputs The only thing I get it's a soort of soft white noise in the back ground which now and then becomes louder and crakles a bit ....

Weird thing is the sound from main output and fx DOES comes out totally fine through an old 8 channel ADAT Preamp unit I have laying around ... So no idea what is going on ?

Total mix seems to be working perfectly

I do have my previpus mac which I already installed the correct driver for it but no its' no working either

Other things I've tried are :

unfurtionally I dont have external PSU. so cant really try it in stand alone mode
BBF it's conected directly to My laptop , no hub in between
I have tried all the usb port in my laptop
Bought a brand new Breakout cable off a direct RME retailer or partner retailer (not sure )

Did tired changing the CC mode throughan RME video that says to whole umplugged press both bottoms and plug the usb cable but BBf gets disconnected so if I do that again comes back to normal.

Anyhow any ideas would be Amazing and super apreciate it in adavnaced.

Re: BabyFace Classic NO SOUND "only"Through Adat

How about try to record some audio over the inputs 1/2 ?
Have you XLR cable and a microphone ?
And I would do a test on another computer, may be a Windows computer sorting out hardware defect...?

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

waedi wrote:

How about try to record some audio over the inputs 1/2 ?
Have you XLR cable and a microphone ?
And I would do a test on another computer, may be a Windows computer sorting out hardware defect...?

I will try recording , thats a good idea actually , thanks ... I haevparalles through so I'm running windows in it ... any spceial steps I can follow on windows for " sorting out hardware defect " case like this one ?

Thank you for your reply, I'll keep posted

No special steps, the meaning is, when the unit has the same issues when use on a different computer, then the issue is in the unit and not in the computer...

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue