1 (edited by artburda 2023-07-31 21:09:36)

Topic: 3db gain steps issue

Today I noticed, that when I adjust the gain of Inputs 1/2 in Totalmix, the Babyface Pro FS only changes the gain every 3db steps. I thought that issue was solved before with firmware v129.

I'm running Firmware: v205
Driver: I tried both v3.28B and v4.08
Totalmix: v1.83

I also tried changing the gain in mono and also Input 1/2 linked as stereo, same result. How can I fix this?

Thx in advance. Best regards, Arthur

Re: 3db gain steps issue

I have found the firmware v201 and with this version I get the expected 1db gain steps.

3 (edited by ramses 2023-08-01 14:02:49)

Which means that the latest firmware v205 introduces the issue for you again and should be cross-checked by RME with v201 which solves the issue for you?!

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

Which means that the latest firmware v205 introduces the issue for you again and should be cross-checked by RME with v201 which solves the issue for you?!

Am I the only one with that issue so far? It also happens with v203.

Hi
I don't have the FS version, but the older Babyface pro with the same firmware v205. No such issue here, so it's probably related to the FS version only or something different?
Is the issue appearing regardless of how you set the gain, either over the hardware wheel or in TM using the mouse?

UCX - FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

oli77sch wrote:

Hi
I don't have the FS version, but the older Babyface pro with the same firmware v205. No such issue here, so it's probably related to the FS version only or something different?
Is the issue appearing regardless of how you set the gain, either over the hardware wheel or in TM using the mouse?

Yes, it happens also when using the hardware wheel. I mean the hardware wheel is controlling the TM slider, so same behaviour. I also tested it stand-alone without a computer connected and the Babyface had the same issue.

We'll check.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Summer holidays are a bit slowing down the process. So far we were able to reproduce the error on two different hardware revisions. Others (most) are not affected. A firmware fix will come. Until then keep on using v201 if you don't need the special Boost option.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Summer holidays are a bit slowing down the process. So far we were able to reproduce the error on two different hardware revisions. Others (most) are not affected. A firmware fix will come. Until then keep on using v201 if you don't need the special Boost option.

Thx a lot for your feedback MC. No hurry, v201 works fine.

V206 is now available and should also work fine wink

Please try it:

https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/fut_usb_mac.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

11 (edited by oli77sch 2023-08-25 13:55:11)

oli77sch wrote:

Hi
I don't have the FS version, but the older Babyface pro with the same firmware v205. No such issue here, so it's probably related to the FS version only or something different? …

In the meantime I realised having the issue as well. Due to the fact the level numbers increase or decrease correctly in 1dB steps I didn’t notice the issue first. Also I had no need for such exact gain settings until this week.
So good to know firmware v206 is here.
Thanks to the RME team!

UCX - FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

MC wrote:

V206 is now available and should also work fine wink

Please try it:

https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/fut_usb_mac.zip

Thx a lot MC, it works now as expected :-)

Glad to help!

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME