Topic: Ableton Live and Totalmix, routing/mute

Hi, I am trying to get the output from Live to work the same both in Phones and Hardware outputs. When listening in phones I can mute channels but it does not work the same in the speakers output.
Maybe this sounds a bit unclear... Somehow my current setup differs in my routing depending on output SW/HW.
Is there something in the Matrix I should be aware of? (except from taking the red pill smile

BR
Johan
Fireface UC, Ableton Live 11, macOS Ventura

2 (edited by waedi 2023-08-16 23:34:59)

Re: Ableton Live and Totalmix, routing/mute

As the headphone output is one of the hardware output channels, there is no difference.
When you say you can mute channels, which channels are you speaking ?
Input channels or software playback channels or hardware output channels ?
Mute on a software playback or input channel in Totalmix will not work when solo is active...

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

ElectricBlue wrote:

Is there something in the Matrix I should be aware of? (except from taking the red pill smile

If you see a cat... start running!! smile

If you don't, take a screenshot of the matrix view
then change to Normal TMFX view and take two more screenshots, one with the Headphones Output selected,
and one with your Main Output selected!

Upload them in Dropbox, or any other cloud service,
and post the links here!

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632

Thanks for response!
Ok, so software to phones is working but what I would need is to have the hardware out function the same. When I mute stuff in Live (SW playback) I would like them to be muted both in the SW and the HW.
Also can not figure out what menu in the UC I can use to control the main volume out. So I can use the rotary as main volume controller.
Link to screens below.

https://sprend.com/download?C=b9bc8a737 … 5714ce106c

BR
Johan

In TotalMix, every output has its own mix. For this you can’t mute software playbacks for multiple outputs at once. I’m not sure without checking it on my computer, but possibly the mirror function for hardware outputs in TotalMix would work for this.

Have a look to the manual. There is a description how to use the hardware rotary knob. In general it’s pressing it once to select the channel (by rotating) and pressing it again to change the volume of this channel. It’s also possible to switch between linked stereo channels and single mono ones.

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

SOLVED! .. I think...
Did a Reset Mix to Straight Playback and created a submix for phones AN1/2 to PH 7/8
Everything works perfect.

BR
Johan