1 (edited by gmatters 2023-09-03 06:30:11)

Topic: How to address output channel for OSC reverbReturn

TMFX with all output channels' fx return faders all the way down. No channels are marked hidden in the Channel Layout.

send /setSubmix 0 and /setOffsetInBank 0

TMFX sends all the /2/ values including /2/labelSubmix "Main"

I send /2/reverbReturn 1.0 but the FX return fader on Main stays all the way down

TMFX sends /2/reverbReturnVal 0 dB as if something was controlled somewhere, but all of the green fx return faders stay all the way down

I move the Main FX return fader and TMFX doesn't send anything

I send /2/reverbSend 1.0 and one of the hardware inputs fx send faders moves all the way up and TMFX sends  /2/reverbSendVal 0 dB

Interestingly, when I reload my snapshot, TMFX sends /2/reverbReturn 0 and /2/reverbReturnVal -oo as if restoring some invisible value somewhere

So I can communicate, and reverbSend works as expected but reverbReturn doesn't.

I find it confusing that reverbSend and reverbReturn are both on page 2 even though one is a property of the input channel and one of the output channel. I guess page 2 corresponds to 'currently selected (input or playback) and output channels'?

Re: How to address output channel for OSC reverbReturn

TotalMix FX 1.83 macOS (1) on macOS Monterey on Apple M1 Max with FireFace UCX II

The missing piece was the critical, but unexplained, /2/busOutput message.

/setSubmix 0            # unnecessary? Outputs channels are each their own submix.
/2/busOutput            #  move page 2 focus to the output section of channels
/setBankStart 0        # select output 0 as the focus for page 2 messages, and also sets the bank start for page 1 focus
/2/reverbReturn 0.5  # now it is possible to set the value

if I send

/1/busInput
/2/busOutput
/setBankStart 2

then page 1 focus is on a bank starting at the third input channels and page 2 focus is on the third output channel?

if I send
/1/busInput
/2/busOutput
/setBankStart 2
then page 1 focus is on a bank starting at the third input channels and page 2 focus is on the third output channel?

1)
i assume, you are sending always float values?

sth like this?:
/1/busInput f 1.0
/2/busOutput f 1.0
/setBankStart f 2.0

2)
afaik the first command (/1/busInput f 1.0) is unneccesary. If i remember right, TM selects the last busXYZ command (in your example comand 2: /2/busOutput f 1.0) for Page 2 AND 1.

So, the following would be correct, if i may to use your question:
then page 1 focus is on a bank starting at the third output channel and page 2 focus is on the third output channel.

3)
if you want to set reverbReturn to max and reverbSend to max for channel 3 for example, i would send sth like this:

/setBankStart f 2.0
/2/busInput f 1.0
/2/reverbSend f 1.0
/2/busOutput f 1.0
/2/reverbReturn f 1.0

“Do It For Her”
My Gear: Bontempi Magic light Keyboard