Topic: [Solved] Fireface UC flashtool

Hello,

Read the threads on the forum and the read me doc but I still can't get the flashtool to update my RME Fireface UC. Iwork on a intel macbook pro 2019 - Ventura 13.5.1. I tried to enable Kernel extensions in recovery mode but that option (lower security - manage kernel extensions) does not appear. I also tried on an intel Mac catalina 10.15.7 without success. I tried on a windows laptop and nothing happened. The tool just does not update the Fireface. I am getting annoyed with fu++ing Apple to be honest. Anyways, I need some help please. Ta

Re: [Solved] Fireface UC flashtool

The Catalina Mac and Windows systems should be pretty straightforward, did you remember to switch the firmware mode on the Fireface UC? https://youtu.be/PS5-_kpizTE

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

I can confirm, I have updated firmware in my Fireface UC on Win 10, quite recently, and no problem.

Yeah, I did switch the firmware between AP and PC. It must be something silly I am doing or missing. Never had issues before. I just can't figure it out. I'll try with a different USB cable, might as well....

What driver version (not FUT) do you have installed on the Mac?

UCX - FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

Do you see the UC in the system report of your Mac under USB?

Regards,
Audio AG Support

On the Macbook pro - Driver 4.08 which is the latest one. No drivers on the Catalina Imac.

And yes, I can see the UC in the system report.

segura.music wrote:

On the Macbook pro - Driver 4.08 which is the latest one. No drivers on the Catalina Imac.

The Fireface UC can only be updated with the Kernel extension driver on newer systems, so with 3.28b. And you need drivers, also on Catalina to update the Firmware. After the update you can use the 4.08 Driverkit driver if you wish.

Regards,
Audio AG Support

10 (edited by segura.music 2023-09-07 10:08:21)

Yes, got it sorted: I diddn't have the drivers installed on Catalina anymore, so it wasn't going to work was it ? smile Anyway, installed the drivers, flashed the UC, turn the UC off and back on, switch back to AP, connected it to the Ventura machine and it is all working now. Thanks all for your time.