1 (edited by nikojmakl4 2023-09-15 20:31:23)

Topic: UFX III - Quad speaker select - Need pan save in submix groups

I have 4 speakers (identical) in my studio.  I have 4 playing positions and need to select 2 of the 4 speakers activated based on where I am in the studio, this way I can hear the stereo spread accurately.  I want to save snapshots and use my arc usb to quickly select my position in the studio to instantly bring up the appropriate speakers. One selected I need to have the volume wheel on the arc usb control the volume of the selected speakers.

I'm using the mains and outs 3/4 to connect the speakers.

The Speaker B select works for 2 of the 4 positions since it's a simple select of the output pairs.  But to cover the 2 positions where I need a 1 speaker from each set and created a submix group and pan the speakers.  This way I can adjust the volume of both the mains and 3/4 outs at the same time.

The problems is that once I group the main and the 3/4 out faders in a faded group, pan positions are not saved properly in a snapshot.  When I switch between snapshots, the pan doesn't change to its saved position.  If I delete the fader group, pan positions saved in the snapshots work again but I can't control volume to both speakers at the same time without the fader group.

Any ideas on how I can get pan position to persist and control both speaker faders at the same time using Arc usb?

Re: UFX III - Quad speaker select - Need pan save in submix groups

Before this turns into a 20 post thread until your configuration is clear: save your state as workspace and upload the file somewhere so everyone can check and try to help efficiently.

But it might be that in the end the only solution is to change Workspaces instead of Snapshots. And using Speaker B in this setup might be already one culprit.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by nikojmakl4 2023-09-19 21:13:54)

Re: UFX III - Quad speaker select - Need pan save in submix groups

Here is the workspace file.  I need to use the arc usb buttons to quickly hotswap between my configurations.

The "Direct" snapshot should play all speakers, the "Direct Left" should play the left speakers, the "Direct Right" should play right speakers. I also disabled "speaker B" designation out of the setup to reduce possible issues mentioned above.

https://filetransfer.io/data-package/jDGFWkOc#link

It appears the snapshots are simply not saving the Pan position once output faders are in groups. Is this intended? If so why would we want to exclude the Pan position output faders from snapshots?