1 (edited by konradwelz 2023-09-15 21:06:25)

Topic: Why no rack ears for half-width racks?

I am the proud owner of four half-width RME products: The UCX2, the Quadmic2, and two ADI-2 FS's. They all work beautifully together as a unit. Why does RME only make rack ears that convert them to full-width (19") racks. Surely, it's so much more compact and sexy to fit them into a 10.5" half-width rack, but there are no ears available for that.
Does anyone else have the same wishes? Or are there rack ears available to solve the problem? Has anyone found a solution?
Thanks a lot,
Konrad
PS: The rack ear screw holes on the UCX2 and ADI-2 FS are identical, so the same ears would fit them. The Quadmic2 has screw holes slightly further back. But it will be great even if I can pack three of them into a half-width rack.

Re: Why no rack ears for half-width racks?

Diese ?
https://www.thomann.de/de/rme_rackear_9.5.htm

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Half 19" racks are very uncommon and hard to find at all. Therefore nobody cares about rack ears for that size. Consequently we removed them many years ago without a single complaint.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks @waedi that's useful, but unfortunately the UCX2 and ADI-2 FS have screw holes in different places. I'll have to go custom. All the best.

MC wrote:

Half 19" racks are very uncommon and hard to find at all. Therefore nobody cares about rack ears for that size. Consequently we removed them many years ago without a single complaint.

Thanks @MC, wow I'm honoured to get a reply from the man himself! :0) I see your point, but there are definitely some 10.5" racks out there which will fit nicely. I'll just make my own ears because I love the smaller form factor. BTW, I started using RME products in 2023 and I totally love them - you have a new customer for life. All the best, Konrad.https://drive.google.com/file/d/11ppayq4agQGHBFcIpmEayYenFNnqqGH7/view?usp=sharing