Topic: Constant Audio Dropouts - Babyface FS on M1

Hello,

I recently purchased a Babyface FS Pro audio interface and have encountered an issue with constant audio dropouts on my MacBook M1 Pro running macOS Ventura 13.4.1. I have already downloaded TotalMix and updated the firmware successfully. While my microphone and speakers are properly set up and working, the audio dropouts occur every 5 to 15 seconds. Restarting the computer temporarily resolves the issue, but it resurfaces after a few minutes.

I have attempted to redownload all the necessary software, but the problem persists. This is frustrating as I switched from an Apollo Solo to the RME interface specifically for its compatibility with both Windows (where it works perfectly) and macOS. Could you please assist me in troubleshooting this issue?

Thank you for your attention and assistance.

Re: Constant Audio Dropouts - Babyface FS on M1

Sadly a known issue related to M1/M2 Macs and USB driver v4.0x ... There are some users reporting this, while others with similar setups and system versions haven’t any problems at all. You could try the kext driver v3.28 (which requires the reduced security setting on the Mac - read on the RME site).

UCX - FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

Try the Ventura 13.6 update that was just released before you switch the drivers, hopefully all will be well.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 43#p208243

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Omg, it works! Thank you so much guys.