1 (edited by 1rX@E 2023-09-26 09:50:16)

Topic: UFX random scrambling noise

Hi, i have a UFX from 2010 with an issue that is similar to other’s in the forum but not quite.

When turning on the UFX (regardless if it is connected to anything or not) the inputs and outputs scrambles and lights flickers all over the place for some seconds. When connected to speakers it outputs really loud scraping and clipping sounds. Then it returns to normal functional mode. After about 10 minutes I happens again. This time over a duration of approximately 30 seconds, then returns to normal. After this it will operate normally until next time the power is switched off and on again.

The issue has been like this since I got it, about 6 years ago and has not changed to the  worse.

This week I replaced all caps in the power supply, issue is still there.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Really want to try to get it fixed but sending it to service looks to be a bit cumbersome when price and time is totally in the blue.

-Erik

Re: UFX random scrambling noise

I'm afraid the UFX needs service. This is a hardware problem.
Please contact your local distributor for service options.
https://www.rme-audio.de/distributors-en.html

Regards,
Audio AG Support

Hi, thank you for your reply. Do you have any experience with what components this issue is normally caused by? It sounds like it’s a commonly known failure. If it’s a component that needs replacement RME should offer a solution to people who wants to take a shot and fix it themselves if possible. To have it serviced seems to take months and is really not an option for a lot of people.

It could be the internal power supply. But that could only be determined in the service department.
You can order parts at the local distributor as well. Needles to say, own repairs are at your own risk.

Depending on your location, Service takes only a few weeks, not months.
You can write an email for more details to support@audioag.com

Regards,
Audio AG Support