Topic: Firewire 400 - Mac Studio M1 OSX Ventura

Good morning. I am new to this forum although I have been a happy owner of a Firewire 400 for many years.
However, I am now having problems with recognition of the Firewire 400 by my Mac Studio with M1 processor. Actually the Firewire 400 is seen and the audio works, however the MIDI part is not seen. even in the Mac's "MIDI audio configuration" it is not seen with the result that I cannot use my Korg 01 to record MIDI events.
I read from some postings that you had to boot the Mac into Recovery mode and give permission to install the drivers (which I did), but I have not seen any change.
I would be very happy if I could get some help. Thank you

2 (edited by waedi 2022-12-30 05:26:46)

Re: Firewire 400 - Mac Studio M1 OSX Ventura

https://www.snoize.com/midimonitor/

Use Midi Monitor.
It is a free OSX software to monitor all midi.
Find out if midi arrives or sent from your system.
Somewhere your midi messages get lost.
In the macOS or in the interface or in the DAW ?

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Hi

Can you check once if there is
Macintosh HD (or the name of your system drive) - Library - Audio - MIDI Drivers - Fireface MIDI.plugin
on your system?

I also have a Fireface 400 on a M1 Mac mini, macOS 13.1 Ventura. All ok so far, the interface appears as MIDI device in Audio-MIDI-Setup app. So I think it's not a general problem.

Greets

UCX - FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

hey im having the same problem, have a new computer - Ventura M2 - and audio is working fine after following the instructions but now ableton doesnt recognize fireface 400 as a midi input.
did you manage to fix it?
ill appreciate any help.
tnx

roniamitai wrote:

hey im having the same problem, have a new computer - Ventura M2 - and audio is working fine after following the instructions but now ableton doesnt recognize fireface 400 as a midi input.
did you manage to fix it?
ill appreciate any help.
tnx

Does the Fireface show up in Audio-Midi-Setup > Midi studio?

UCX - FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2