1 (edited by kol.ut.shan 2023-10-05 09:32:42)

Topic: Feedback of HDSPe DriverKit Driver v. 110

Hi,

just to give some feedback for the latest DriverKit release for the HDSPe series (I use a Madi FX connected via TB3 chassis):

• Sometimes when my MacStudio wakes up from sleep the driver crashes and I have to force quit TotalMix and HDSPe Settings and reboot the machine to get back sound and have a stable machine

• Other than that this version is the first one for me, not producing any audible glitches while working in Cubase

Re: Feedback of HDSPe DriverKit Driver v. 110

Which macOS? What is the state during sleep - audio still active? Which audio app is used when this 'crash' happens?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by kol.ut.shan 2023-10-05 17:39:58)

Re: Feedback of HDSPe DriverKit Driver v. 110

its macOS Sonoma 14.0 and there is actually nothing (audio) active at all. It basically can happen when I just leave the room to fetch some coffee, come back and the whole machine acts up and all RME driver apps need to be hard quitted. It is also impossible to playback any audio or video files. That does not happen with the kext based driver at all. I actually had that in the past while still in beta phase (and reported accordingly in the beta thread) but it became less frequent with each newer version of the new driver.