Topic: Digiface AVB w/12mic-windows10-only noise

I'm running windows 10. I own a babyface pro FS, 12mic AVB, digiface AVB. I need to record drums in a few days and tried hooking everything I just got together. I can see a signal from the 12 mic and have it connected via avb to the digiface and USB to the computer. I tried different usb ports to no avail. I can only hear noise that reaches constant clipping that sounds similar to buffer errors except its constant and is louder than the signal from the 12 mic. It only occurs when there is signal from the 12 mic.

I'm new to avb but was under the awareness that I do not need a switch between the 12 mic and digiface avb. I can access control of the 12 via the web browser as it runs through avb to the digiface and Reaper is able to see the digiface. In the digiface software I tried a few different things.

Could this be a clocking problem, as I dont have adat or wordclock bnc running between the 12 mic and digiface avb. I noticed the sound of the noise changes in harmonic information when I alter the sample rate inside of the web browser for 12 mic, which makes me think it's a clocking problem. Would I be able to just run adat to my babyface pro fs from the 12 mic to be able to use usb from BF to get to Reaper?

I did read somewhere about how chipsets in windows doesn't allow avvdec connections. My computers motherboard is at least 7 years old or so, but I thought the digiface having avvdec would work as an interface just fine to windows.

I tried running a song in reaper to see if I can monitor a song through the digiface and it worked just fine. Another thing I noticed was that the noise getting to the digiface shows up in multiple tracks inside totalmix all in varying levels.

I appreciate any time to try to help me understand avb. What matters is that I get these tracks recorded, even if I don't use avb fromm the 12 mic into the digiface.

I did order a presonus sw5e avb switch on priority mail in case that ends up being the answer I needed. I read in the manual for 12 mic that there needed to be a bridge between devices in order to work, but I also watched a video on YouTube from Rme and he stated that there was no need for a switch between 12 mic and digiface avb.

2 (edited by waedi 2023-10-05 01:37:59)

Re: Digiface AVB w/12mic-windows10-only noise

The clock-mode of the Digiface AVB is internal ?
Change it to "Input Stream" for a test.
Set the sample rate to the same as the 12Mic is set to.
And select an Input Stream - 1

https://i.ibb.co/Xj3dNjN/Bildschirmfoto-2023-10-04-um-22-35-54.png

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Re: Digiface AVB w/12mic-windows10-only noise

Please update your device to version 255 and driver version 0.9575