1,251 (edited by ericseaberg 2023-09-15 01:33:34)

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

bburchett wrote:

Yes there is a threaded port but it is smaller than 5/8”, maybe 5/16”. Just curious if anyone else has mounted the BFP and what hardware they used.

Yeah, sorry... wasn't able to confirm the size as our studios were busy.  Maybe it's 3/8"... that's the typical size for EU products, older Sennheiser mics, etc.

You should be able to find a 3/8 to 5/8 adapter to use.  Since it's a common size, they are abundant.

_____________________
Eric Seaberg • San Diego, CA • USA
A.E.S. • S.M.P.T.E. • S.P.A.R.S. • I.E.E.E.

1,252 (edited by oli77sch 2023-09-15 07:53:07)

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

ericseaberg wrote:
bburchett wrote:

Yes there is a threaded port but it is smaller than 5/8”, maybe 5/16”. Just curious if anyone else has mounted the BFP and what hardware they used.

Yeah, sorry... wasn't able to confirm the size as our studios were busy.  Maybe it's 3/8"... that's the typical size for EU products, older Sennheiser mics, etc.

You should be able to find a 3/8 to 5/8 adapter to use.  Since it's a common size, they are abundant.

Yes, it’s 3/8” - the common thread size for mic stands in Europe.

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

Thanks for the response, yes it is 3/8” confirmed. Now, my next hurdle is to integrate my UFX ll, pulse 16, and the babyface pro fs with adat. I definitely need to hear some feedback regarding the optimum way to get all 3 units to play nicely!

1,254 (edited by alexh 2023-09-16 12:52:02)

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

Hey everyone!

I have a specific problem or query, so I after looking for a while I have decided to ask. Did not find this neither in the docs nor in the forum.

I have 2 Babyface Pro FS devices now and it seems like their behaviour is a bit different. I also have a bunch of Intel PCs and two M2 Mac Mini's.

When I am using the old device (v206 v4.08) everything seems to be just as expected. But when I use the newer Babyface Pro FS (ESS (?) version, v320, v4.08) on one of the M2 Mac Minis the settings seem to be partially reset after a reload.

The mic phantom power stays on, but the volumes seem to be maxed out.

That leads to mic being fed into the speaker and that causes a feedback loop.

The problem doesn't seem to appear on Windows so I assume this is a driver-caused behaviour.

For my case of use it is important not to have that screaming sound during the reboots.

When I finally log in to the M2 Mac Mini TotalMixFX gets opened and the normal settings are loaded, so the feedback loop stops.

I tried to adjust the output volume while I am at the login screen, it stops the feedback loop but after a reboot it starts over again.

Of course, if I would reduce the volume of speakers or change mic's relative position, the feedback loop might go away, but this exactly what I would not like to do

Could anyone please help figuring this out?

Is this issue reproduced in your set ups, too?

Thank you for any answer!

1,255 (edited by waedi 2023-09-16 13:29:12)

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

You may have to save a workspace.

Current User ensures that when workstations are used by several people they all find their own settings. In case the settings should be identical or given for any user, TotalMix FX can be changed to use the All User directory. An admin could even write protect the file lastBabyface Pro1.xml, which results in a complete reset to that file’s content whenever TotalMix FX is re- started. The xml-file is updated on exit, so simply set up TotalMix as desired and exit it (right mouse click on the symbol in the notification area).
Paths under macOS X
Mac Current User: user/Library/Application Support/RME TotalMix FX Mac
All Users: /Library/Application Support/RME TotalMix FX

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

1,256 (edited by alexh 2023-09-16 14:32:23)

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

waedi wrote:

You may have to save a workspace.

Current User ensures that when workstations are used by several people they all find their own settings. In case the settings should be identical or given for any user, TotalMix FX can be changed to use the All User directory. An admin could even write protect the file lastBabyface Pro1.xml, which results in a complete reset to that file’s content whenever TotalMix FX is re- started. The xml-file is updated on exit, so simply set up TotalMix as desired and exit it (right mouse click on the symbol in the notification area).
Paths under macOS X
Mac Current User: user/Library/Application Support/RME TotalMix FX Mac
All Users: /Library/Application Support/RME TotalMix FX

Hey!

Thanks for your help!

This seems to be a good suggestion, I have just tried what you say.

And now I realised I might confuse one with words "reboot".

It appears only when I reboot (restart) the whole system not TotalMixFX itself. Before I log in as my user and launch TotalMixFX the device has some "default" settings which cause the feedback. Once I open TotalMixFX the normal settings are getting loaded. If I quit and reload, I hear the feedback again (mic is going through the speakers)

Here is a way to reproduce it:

1. Connect a Babyface Pro FS
2. Launch TotalMixFX
3. *settings are loaded*
4. Quit TotalMixFX
5. Reboot (or just disconnect and connect again the device's USB cable)
6. *the device settings are partially wiped out, feedback is going on* until TotalMixFX is opened again

The old device is just working somehow.

Seems like not a straightforward issue.

UPD. It appears like my Windows PC doesn't cut the power off once I shut it down, so the device doesn't get "reset". So the issue is present on Windows, too, but in order to make sure it is reproduced you have to make sure you cut down the power to the device instead of just rebooting.

1,257

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

You did flash both units to the newest state ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

1,258 (edited by alexh 2023-09-17 00:38:11)

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

waedi wrote:

You did flash both units to the newest state ?

Yes, I did this hoping to get the issue fixed

I have updated them using flash tool to their respective newest versions (v206 and v320).

This behaviour did not really change compared to the original versions the devices came with (v204 and 316 as I can remember)

1,259 (edited by waedi 2023-09-17 13:09:37)

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

alexh wrote:

When I finally log in to the M2 Mac Mini TotalMixFX gets opened and the normal settings are loaded, so the feedback loop stops.
!

The user library and the system library (All user library) are two different systems.
The user library gets active when you log in to your user account.

You can change the location of the Totalmix workspace file from user library to system library to prevent the issue with your loudspeaker.
There is a special option to do so :
In Totalmix preferences the last point - store settings for all users - enable it.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

1,260 (edited by alexh 2023-09-17 13:17:58)

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

waedi wrote:
alexh wrote:

When I finally log in to the M2 Mac Mini TotalMixFX gets opened and the normal settings are loaded, so the feedback loop stops.
!

The user library and the system library are two different systems.
The user library gets active when you log in to your user account.

You can change the location of the Totalmix workspace file from user library to system library to prevent the issue with your loudspeaker.

Sure, I think you're right, but I still don't really understand how those "system settings" work. I don't even think this has to do with TotalMixFX at all, because when the computer boots up it doesn't have a chance to have TotalMixFX opened and the workspace to be loaded up. And the old device works just fine, so probably it is not the TotalMixFX-related issue (or is it?).

Here I have made a short video, does it help to see what's happening?

https://youtu.be/wKULWpN0fRg

1,261

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

When the Babyface is connected to the computer, the computer will start Totalmix on booting, Totalmix then picks up the workspace file.
Without computer the babyface is in standalone mode and behaves normal.
All settings are stored within the unit and do not get lost until the next time stand-alone mode is used.
Page 90 and 91 describe the standalone-mode.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

1,262 (edited by alexh 2023-09-17 13:49:03)

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

waedi wrote:

When the Babyface is connected to the computer, the computer will start Totalmix on booting, Totalmix then picks up the workspace file.
Without computer the babyface is in standalone mode and behaves normal.
All settings are stored within the unit and do not get lost until the next time stand-alone mode is used.
Page 90 and 91 describe the standalone-mode.

Of course, this is true for the old device, but the newer one has output settings reset as you could see on the video, I still think this is the issue.

UPD.

Oh I have found the workaround

In standalone mode I have changed the mix settings as described on the manual pages (using MIX button) and now they are not reset after the reload (they probably are still reset, but the reset values are the same)

T h a n k   y o u!

1,263 (edited by waedi 2023-09-17 13:44:39)

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

I would try flash again and use the option flash All in the FUT.

The only difference I see is the one unit has phantom power on and it stays on.
You have to switch off phantom power and then both units behave the same way and issue with this feedback is gone.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

1,264 (edited by alexh 2023-09-17 13:54:21)

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

waedi wrote:

I would try flash again and use the option flash All in the FUT.

The only difference I see is the one unit has phantom power on and it stays on.
You have to switch off phantom power and then both units behave the same way and issue with this feedback is gone.

I might have shoot a better video to explain the issue, but the problem was input being sent to the output before you launch TotalMixFX again, so it would prevent it.

When I have disabled the fantom power, there was nothing to send, but the setting still were sort of reset and IN 1 was routed to OUT 1.

As I have just updated my previous post, you led me to trying the MIX button in standalone mode so it stopped IN 1 from being sent to OUT 1 and this is not being reset after I reload anymore.

At least my TotalMixFX settings are now equal to the standalone mode settings, so there is no visible (audible) difference and I don't have the problem.

Thank you one more time!

1,265

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

Hey again! Have one more question. Is there any way to get the device dimensions or a CAD drawing?

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

alexh wrote:

the device dimensions

Height: 1.4 inches / 3.56 CM
Width: 4.25 inches / 10.8 CM
Depth: 7.1 inches / 18.0 CM
Weight: 1.5 pounds / 0.6 KG. The imperial measurements I found on Sweetwater, and the metric ones I got from a converter. Hope this helps.

1,267

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

user manual Page 80 :
Dimensions (WxHxD): 108 x 35 x 181 mm (4.25" x 1.4" x 7.1")

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

1,268

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

And is there any drawings so I could make a custom case/shelf/etc? It would be very useful to have the profile drawing of the device and the placement of the threaded hole on the bottom.

1,269 (edited by zzblue 2023-10-13 02:45:31)

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

I just got a Y cable https://www.amazon.com/DISINO-Splitter- … op?ie=UTF8 thinking I can consolidate my stereo synth and put it into Line 1. Its only outputting from Totalmix on one side. Is this possible through the software or do I just need 2 separate mono cables?

1,270 (edited by waedi 2023-10-13 03:28:02)

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

Yes, two mono cables.
Take two simple jack to jack cables and use the two jack socket inputs on the side of the Babyface.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

1,271

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

waedi wrote:

Yes, two mono cables.
Take two simple jack to jack cables and use the two jack socket inputs on the side of the Babyface.

Got it, thanks!

1,272

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

Hi everyone,

I have an issue with my Babyface Pro FS and I wonder if someone can help there.
I have a PreSonus 8 preamps rack connected in ADAT to the Babyface, it works nice.
Sometimes I want to use the Babyface in standalone mode, and use only the ADAT inputs 1/2. I've read the manual, and it is said that only ADAT inputs 1/2 work in standalone mode, but that it should works nice. However, when I switch my Babyface in standalone mode, it seems that both ADAT channels 1 and 2 are summed to the input ADAT 1, that input being routed only to local the Output 1 of myBabyface, which is physically only my left monitor.

I tried to route things in standalone mode, but the main problem is the summing of ADAT channels 1 and 2 on ADAT input mode in standalone mode. When I plug my computer back everything is patched correctly again.

Does somebody have the same issue, or an idea of how to solve it ?

Thanks a lot, and have a nice day !

1,273

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

I can not test this but I remember having read 1 2 3 and 4 go to 1 left and 5 6 7 and 8 go to 2 right. So maybe you can use adat 1 and 5 on your presonus. Let me know if this works, cause I need this too in the near future.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

1,274

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

Wrong sample rate / clock sync setting in stand-alone mode?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

1,275

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

vinark wrote:

I can not test this but I remember having read 1 2 3 and 4 go to 1 left and 5 6 7 and 8 go to 2 right. So maybe you can use adat 1 and 5 on your presonus. Let me know if this works, cause I need this too in the near future.


You read it right it solved the issue !
Thanks a lot mate !

1,276

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

And thank you for reporting back, it also solves my future setup.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

1,277 (edited by dawpov 2023-12-15 22:19:12)

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

I am curious to know if I could expect a noticeable improvement between digital-to-analog conversion and the headphone output on the Babyface Pro FS vs the internal compoentry of a recent MacBook Pro (16” M1 Max 2021).

Additionally, would the Babyface Pro provide any other benefits while working on large (200+ track count) post-production projects with lots of resource-intensive effects? I primarily use REAPER, but also Pro Tools, Logic, and Live on occasion.

1,278

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

Do you work just in the box or do you do any recording? Does sound quality matter to you? The bfpfs will definitely sound better but that will also depend on how discerning your hearing is. The track count shouldn’t make any difference or the DAW. I find the headphone output decent. Not loads of power but good enough for any but the most power hungry headphone.

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

1,279

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

Even if your hearing is fine, it will also depend on how you are listening:
Are you using very high end studio monitors and/or headphones?
If you are listening through loudspeakers, are your room acoustics optimised?

I think these modern DACs in MacBooks are sounding quite good and it might depend on these factors if you would even hear (much) of a difference in an A/B comparison.

Regarding the headphone out: Your MacBook Pro is one of the first with substantially upgraded headphone outputs, according to Apple: "When you connect headphones with an impedance of less than 150 ohms, the headphone jack provides up to 1.25 volts RMS. For headphones with an impedance of 150 to 1k ohms, the headphone jack delivers 3 volts RMS."
That's probably loud be enough for most headphones...

I probably would only bother to connect/invest in a Babyface if you need any of the features (preamps/inputs/connection types/etc.).
The only feature in that sense, which could reduce the load of a post production session, is that you could run RME's Digiface NG software on the Babyface's DSP for analyzers/metering/loudness measuring purposes and wouldn't need a plugin on your master channel for that. Don't think this matters much though on modern powerful Macs.

1,280 (edited by ricerecording 2023-12-22 03:07:58)

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

ricerecording wrote:

Hi All. I'm a newbie here.
I just purchased the Babyface Pro FS, and can't wait to check it out.
It should be here in a few days.
Question:
I have an Mic Pre Amp (API A2D) that has a AES digital output, and also has the spdif (rca connector out type) too.
Would I be able to use the AES out of the API Pre I have, and convert it with a format converter... something like the Hosa ODL312 S/PDIF Optical to AES/EBU Digital Audio Interface?
Here's a link.
https://hosatech.com/products/digital-a … s/odl-312/

Many Thanks,
Wyatt

Hi Again.
Just wondering if this works or not, or if anyone has tried the Hosa ODL312 with the Babyface Pro FS?
Thanks in advance

1,281 (edited by TomVY 2023-12-22 11:11:45)

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

ricerecording wrote:
ricerecording wrote:

Hi All. I'm a newbie here.
I just purchased the Babyface Pro FS, and can't wait to check it out.
It should be here in a few days.
Question:
I have an Mic Pre Amp (API A2D) that has a AES digital output, and also has the spdif (rca connector out type) too.
Would I be able to use the AES out of the API Pre I have, and convert it with a format converter... something like the Hosa ODL312 S/PDIF Optical to AES/EBU Digital Audio Interface?
Here's a link.
https://hosatech.com/products/digital-a … s/odl-312/

Many Thanks,
Wyatt

Hi Again.
Just wondering if this works or not, or if anyone has tried the Hosa ODL312 with the Babyface Pro FS?
Thanks in advance

I actually have both the Hosa and a Lindy toslink to coax converter. I can use the Lindy with my MH interface, and I have read that it will also work with the bf. It costs less than the Hosa. It doesn't do aes, just spdif, but the result is still a lossless transfer. So I would get that. I haven't tested the Hosa yet as I got it off eBay and don't have a PSU for it yet. But I haven't needed to use it yet either. The Lindy will work for you.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002WSAB8E? … uage=en-GB

1,282

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

Hello..

Yesterday, I did some recording with my Babyface Pro using Studio One 6.5 as the DAW and everything was successful as it has been the past 5+ years...  This morning I updated the TotalMix FX driver and the Firmware flash update on the BF.   When I tried to start a new session in Studio One awhile ago, I kept receiving a message that my audio interface would not initialize. I rebooted the computer and tried again without success.  I tried an older version of Studio One and again the BF would not initialize. Unplugged the USB cable from the BF to the computer with the same result. The Babyface is not being recognized by some other audio software program from Toontrack (EZKeys, Bass and Drummer) either.
The unit itself is working fine with audio when I'm on Youtube or playing other audio from VLC software.

Set up:
Windows 10 Pro
Intel i5 4670 @ 3.4 GHz
24 Gb Ram


Any suggestions or ideas? 

Thanks you for any assistance you can provide.  Salud!

1,283

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

Have you checked you are actually loading the asio driver in studio 1 and the ez libraries?

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

1,284

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

Uninstalling rebooting and reinstalling the driver might fix it. Sometimes after an update the asio driver is missing.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

1,285

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

I had a look at mine today and realised I was a couple of firmware revisions behind and quite a few driver versions behind. Anyway I followed the instructions using the correct firmware and driver and it went really smooth. Win 11

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

1,286

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

jcrakes wrote:

Hello..

Yesterday, I did some recording with my Babyface Pro using Studio One 6.5 as the DAW and everything was successful as it has been the past 5+ years...  This morning I updated the TotalMix FX driver and the Firmware flash update on the BF.   When I tried to start a new session in Studio One awhile ago, I kept receiving a message that my audio interface would not initialize. I rebooted the computer and tried again without success.  I tried an older version of Studio One and again the BF would not initialize. Unplugged the USB cable from the BF to the computer with the same result. The Babyface is not being recognized by some other audio software program from Toontrack (EZKeys, Bass and Drummer) either.
The unit itself is working fine with audio when I'm on Youtube or playing other audio from VLC software.

Set up:
Windows 10 Pro
Intel i5 4670 @ 3.4 GHz
24 Gb Ram


Any suggestions or ideas? 

Thanks you for any assistance you can provide.  Salud!


Thanks for your replies mkok and vinark... I don't know what actually transpired, but its working again after numerous reboots, reinstall etc. 

I believe the issue might have been with WDM devices being altered during the firmware or driver reinstall.  I noticed in the Fireface USB settings that the numeric value had changed to "1", so I changed it to "6", and now everything is kosher... just a guess really.

Anyway, thanks for your support. Salud!

1,287

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

Hello everyone. I own Babyface Pro and use windows host. Everything was fine I was on latest Win 11, but I decided to reinstall it.
After newly installed latest Win 11 I've downloaded and installed latest RM driver driver_usb_win_1249.

At the moment TotalMix and Fireface USB Settings detects device as it should:
https://i.imgur.com/xdiHoUm.png

Hence device manager can see it:
https://i.imgur.com/OAIki3k.png

But device itself is not available to use like no audio inputs and outputs available (connected another device for reference) no RME in or outs:
https://i.imgur.com/JhzbZMK.png

Same in "Sound" interface of windows.

I've tried to re-connect, re-install drivers, remove device from device manager - nothing help.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

1,288

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

Same in this "Sound" UI:
https://i.imgur.com/Zs979dv.png

1,289 (edited by vinark 2024-01-22 17:43:39)

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

In the fire face usb settings panel you show it says 0 wdm devices. Hence no windows audio. If you need only stereo out set it to 1

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

1,290

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

vinark wrote:

In the fire face usb settings panel you show it says 0 wdm devices. Hence no windows audio. If you need only stereo out set it to 1

Thank you - it has worked out! Didn't know about this settings, it was always automatically set.

1,291

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

Great!

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

Hello is it possible to lock the rotary encoder of the babyface pro so it won't change volume if accidentally touched?

1,293

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

You can set it to something you dont use.
Options are,
outputs; main, headphone and optical
inputs; main, instruments 3/4 and optical.
If one is unused set it to that with the knobs under input and output and it will do nothing (meaningfull)
Just my brainstorm idea.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

thank you this i checked already and then i do not see the onboardmetering if i choose anoter output and that is also not so nice. would be great to just deactivate the function if possible

1,295

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

Tape?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

1,296

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

Or put it in a box! I love my Babyface pro fs and the big dial is a fantastic feature which I’m guess wasn’t designed to disable.

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

To jcrakes
Babyface Pro using Studio One 6.5 as the DAW:Unrecognized problem
Once I installed the audio interface driver ASIO4ALL in my DAW, changed it to ASIO4ALL, restarted it, and changed to the Babyface Pro driver, the problem was resolved.Maybe it's a bug in 6.5.

1,298 (edited by ramses 2024-02-11 12:49:16)

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

nobsanurawa wrote:

To jcrakes
Babyface Pro using Studio One 6.5 as the DAW:Unrecognized problem
Once I installed the audio interface driver ASIO4ALL in my DAW, changed it to ASIO4ALL, restarted it, and changed to the Babyface Pro driver, the problem was resolved.Maybe it's a bug in 6.5.

You create an unsupported setup with ASIO4ALL.
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 35#p207735

And when reading jcrakes comment (https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 92#p212792)
it looks as if he uses the WDM driver in his DAW. Sorry, but this is a bad setup that makes no sense.

In the DAW, you should use the ASIO driver for recording with the best quality/stability and lowest latency.
WDM is only needed for applications without ASIO support, but every DAW has ASIO support or throw it into the bin …

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

1,299

Re: The official Babyface Pro Thread

ramses wrote:
nobsanurawa wrote:

To jcrakes
Babyface Pro using Studio One 6.5 as the DAW:Unrecognized problem
Once I installed the audio interface driver ASIO4ALL in my DAW, changed it to ASIO4ALL, restarted it, and changed to the Babyface Pro driver, the problem was resolved.Maybe it's a bug in 6.5.

You create an unsupported setup with ASIO4ALL.
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 35#p207735

And when reading jcrakes comment (https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 92#p212792)
it looks as if he uses the WDM driver in his DAW. Sorry, but this is a bad setup that makes no sense.

In the DAW, you should use the ASIO driver for recording with the best quality/stability and lowest latency.
WDM is only needed for applications without ASIO support, but every DAW has ASIO support or throw it into the bin …

I use ASIO... I was just trying anything/everything when the system went down. Success was just coincidental after changing the WDM driver number in the Fireface USB settings.  Dumb luck I guess?
Salud!