Topic: FR: Patch APP

i'm sure it's been requested previously, so apologies in advance.

But I would immensely appreciate seeing a Totalmix  patching app that looks something like this:

https://i.imgur.com/Yf7QrDE.png

i know, tall order.

Would make routing life a lot easier!

Matrix view is cool, but to simply swap inserts around is cumbersome.
With both matrix and Mixer view there is no simple chain order overview.

Perhaps a third party (or perhaps even RME)  can come up with a way of assigning designated channels to some easy looking software for moving around?

Thanks!

2 (edited by ramses 2023-10-22 14:51:52)

Re: FR: Patch APP

Sorry, but might it be that you misunderstood the concept of TM FX? Intentionally, it doesn't support any additional 3rd party plugins. All that you could do per routing is to chain one or more together by routing.

More elegant is to perform this in the DAW.

You can define a single external device. You only need to choose the proper inputs and outputs. The DAW determines the latency to be able to perform latency compensation. You can use it then in the DAW like a VST as an insert or send effect.

By this, you could define different mastering chains or channel strips, if you use different group channels where the another combination or order of external effects can be used and be activated or muted.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I don't see where I expressed any confusion over what totalmix is, and I make no mention of plug ins.

It is a request for a more intuitive patching "page", (inside totalmix, or more realistically some third party remote control software) where hardware devices are defined by blocks that can be swapped around in one movement, without having to disconnect and re connect channels manually, as one has to do in the matrix view.
Yes a chain can be made in the daw, with easily swapped i/o plugs. I would like to do it that way with totalmix itself, while saving on i/o plug in counts in the daw.
I'm quite sure such a thing would be welcomed by many users.

wafa wrote:

I don't see where I expressed any confusion over what totalmix is, and I make no mention of plug ins.
On the left side was a long list of either virtual or physical FX.

Sorry, this made the request look like a few others in the past years where users wished for VST plugins in TM FX.
You clarified in the next sentences, thanks.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13