1 (edited by cowboy 2023-10-24 16:59:31)

Topic: Customizable mixer apps or control surfaces for RME standalone I/O?

Hi, I'm considering replacing my A&H SQ5 digital mixer with a much smaller RME interface like the UCX II, UFX II or III, because I don't really need the physical faders that the SQ5 provides. But in order to do so, I'd need to be able to control the RME interface when it's standalone.

TotalMix FX running on iPad is ok, but I tend to want a more customized layout, that's better suited to my workflow.

Are there any customizable apps that run on an Android or iOS tablet that I can use to control an RME interface when it's not connected to a computer?

Thanks!

Re: Customizable mixer apps or control surfaces for RME standalone I/O?

Sorry, not in standalone mode. Only with the iPad and TotalMix app or a hardware midi controller.

Regards,
Audio AG Support

Maybe Chameleon would do. https://savethehuman5.com/

I have no experience with Chameleon, but I use Elephant (not for RME controll). And it is probably only Win app. Microsoft Surface Pro might run it well. It is sort of iPad for Win. Versions up to 7+ with i5 CPU are passively cooled. I have several MS Surfaces Pro (6 and 7) and I am very satisfied.

If it is connected to a host, you can use the TouchOSC protocol to control TotalMix FX. That is completely customizable and different apps support that.

Regards,
Audio AG Support