Topic: USB Class Compliant mode for the Digiface series

Since the Fireface UFX III now has USB-3 Class Compliant mode, are there any plans adding this feature to the other products like the Digiface series? (in particular to the Digiface Dante).

With the current state of Windows 11 (with the user becoming the product) and Mac (hardware prices), im looking into switching to linux 'full time' for my live audio work (system tuning, virtual soundcheck, multitrack recording).

A compact Dante/MADI USB class compliant interface like the Digiface Dante would be a godsent.

Re: USB Class Compliant mode for the Digiface series

There are no plans, as the hardware doesn't allow it, I've been told. This question has been asked before and that was MC's answer, IIRC.

MB Pro - 2 X FireFace 400, FF800 & DigiFace USB
ADAT gear: Korg, Behri, Fostex, Alesis...

3 (edited by stevencirile 2023-10-13 14:39:02)

Hello, I have a ufx plus. Updated the driver and Firmware last night to be sure that it’s current.
I want to use this device with my iPad Pro iOS 17.03 -lightning connection with apples latest camera connection kit—the one with ability to charge iPad is what I have.
This device is fully functional under windows 10 PC.
I put it into CC mode-1st, then plug  the supplied with unit usb cable to Camara connection-IPad isn’t seeing the ufx plus-and the host light isn’t lighting up either, which it does in PC mode.
Then I plug my BabyFace FS in as a secondary test-shows right up no issues.
What is happening? Is there a known issue with ufx plus and iPad? Cc mode.
It should just work but it doesn’t.
Steven Cirile.  Stevencirile@aol.com.  Phone-443-235-5476, If anyone can get back to me on how to solve this issue.

Did you use a USB 2.0 cable to connect the UFX+?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

cyrano wrote:

There are no plans, as the hardware doesn't allow it, I've been told. This question has been asked before and that was MC's answer, IIRC.

Too bad. I was hoping for a digiface hardware revision using the same technologie as the UFX III.