1 (edited by prr...ta lie loe 2023-10-31 05:29:52)

Topic: Babyface Pro FS jog wheel not adjusting signal input

Hi,

Got the babyface a couple days ago and did not have time to do a deep dive (so please excuse me if I'm missing something obvious) but I'm trying to control the input signal with the jog wheel, i.a.w. the jog wheel is not adjusting anything when I select the "in" button, I'm using CH3/4 (got no mic's to try out so I can't comment on CH1/2). It works fine when I select the "out" button for controlling the A/N output.

I'm using it with Ableton.

Got the latest firmware (130) and the unit is in PC mode.

I know you can use the select button to choose input 3, 4 or both but volume/gain remains unaffected by turning. It is not silent, a signal gets through (an electric kalimba) but I can't raise or lower the signal with the jogwheel. 

Am I doing something wrong?!

Re: Babyface Pro FS jog wheel not adjusting signal input

Press IN
press Select
rotate Wheel
No gain change ?

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Are the LED lights of the selected channel(s) blinking?
On inputs 3/4 there is not a gain stage like on mic inputs 1/2. Only fixed levels for +4dBu, -10dBV and a 'fine tuner'.

UCX - FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

4 (edited by prr...ta lie loe 2023-10-31 05:30:19)

Thank you for the quick reply.

Guess that explains it then. So amplification and attenuation is something that I should fix in Ableton then?

Also, I saw that you can select the fixed levels in TotalMix of +4 and -10 but but what does 'fine tune' do?

The fine tune is the gain, it is just not so powerful as on the mic inputs and it is a digital gain limited to 9dB.
The signal should have the right level before into the DAW.
The keyboard has a master volumen knob, the interface has a gain, all at a good setting lets you record a decent signal and your DAW will be happy.
Of course you can do corrections in the DAW but the recommended school way is to get your levels right before recording.

Still thinking about this.

"On inputs 3/4 there is not a gain stage like on mic inputs 1/2. Only fixed levels for +4dBu, -10dBV and a 'fine tuner'"

If there is nog gain stage on inputs 3/4 (only +4 dbu and -10 dbv fixed) why than can you select these channels from the front pannel; that design seems to suggest u can control them with the dial right?

yes