Topic: Fireface 802 Problem

Hi,

I noticed a strange behavior of my Fireface 802, I switched it on, all lights lit up but then everything shut down, the light turned off. My DAW told me there was a malfunction of the Fireface and that it could not connect properly.

The Fireface showed up in the audio setup with Studio One 6. I tried on a Windows 11 machine.

I also tried to disconnect from the Computer and plugged it into another outlet, but the same issue. Lights lit up and then everything shut down.

I don’t know what to do?

Any ideas? Thanks so much!

Windows 11 ––  Fireface 802

Re: Fireface 802 Problem

Four months ago, I used the Fireface with a M2 Mac and everything was fine.

It seems no one can help with that issue. I might ask rme support. But is that related to „power saving mode“? Anyway, the Fireface should be recognized by the DAW in normal mode and power saving mode.

Or can it be a fuse related issue?

Thanks

4 (edited by waedi 2023-11-11 08:42:52)

SoundChaser wrote:

It seems no one can help with that issue. I might ask rme support. But is that related to „power saving mode“? Anyway, the Fireface should be recognized by the DAW in normal mode and power saving mode.

Thanks

I guess the internal power supply is going to die. If this is the case, repair would be no problem.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

waedi wrote:
SoundChaser wrote:

Thanks

I guess the internal power supply is going to die. If this is the case, repair would be no problem.

Thank you

Can I repair it on my own? I noticed some YouTube videos addressing this issue with the power supply.
If I send it to RME, is it expensive? I am from Germany.

7 (edited by waedi 2023-11-11 11:44:30)

If you get a replacement PSU you probably can replace it by your own, may be some soldering is to do.
I wouldn't do it self, up to you.

In Switzerland it cost 159.-Fr.
That's aprox. 164 EUR

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Ok, I just saw this:

https://www.rme-shop.com/acatalog/RME-NTRME4_PSU.html

Maybe that will work, that’s a number. Around 100 €, replacement unit alone.

Talked to audio ag, haimhausen today. They offer a flat rate for repair, €279 in Germany (for FIREFACE 802). That’s including repair, extensive tests and shipping (back). That’s reasonable.

But I will double check if it really is a problem inside of the unit or it was a driver issue, or even a power chord.

Anyway, the guys at Audio AG seem to be very kind and professional

By the way, Audio AG, do they belong to RME?