Topic: Game audio Windows 11.. or Steam not work on 2/4 PRo SE?

Hey all,

RME 2/4 Pro SE via USB on my Windows 11 PC. Not sure why, but while gaming at least via Steam, it seems to constantly lose audio out, and mic input as well. Oddly, via steam I can hear my friends chat, but they cant hear me. And the game audio constantly goes in and out.

Naturally Windows/log has no info as to what was going on. Could be any number of things.. bad USB port (but it works fine for music from youtube, cubase, etc with no cut outs), driver issue (supposedly RME has the most rock solid/best drivers of all audio devices), or perhaps Steam has some issue in particular with the RME outputS?

Anyway, just checking to see if anyone has noticed this and knows a work around or not.

Thanks.

Re: Game audio Windows 11.. or Steam not work on 2/4 PRo SE?

Use a normal sample rate like 44.1 or 48 kHz. Set Buffer Size in the Settings dialog to either 64 or 128 samples.

The ADI series can definitely be used with popular games.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by n00BRX 2023-11-11 17:49:05)

Did you overclock your cpu? I had similar issue with usb audio during gaming, Which mean your overclock is not 100% stable.
If there is no overclock then you should try MC suggestion

4 (edited by chuang 2023-11-12 22:47:18)

I also use PRO SE on my laptop to play steam games, the connection is perfect all the time in cs2, even can max upscale to 384 KHz/16384 Samples (but EQ is invalid), I like to setup at 192KHz/8192 Samples, it can use bass & treble, if your PRO SE is  constantly lose audio out, you can check if the voltage or current of USB jack is unstable, and you can update the latest firmware  & driver. Do NOT forget to install madiface driver.

My windows 11 version: Professional workstation 23H2, also normal at 22H2.