Topic: Purchase Advice

Hello everyone,

I am getting closer to purchasing a UFX III + Arc USB. This would be my first time with RME, coming from a MOTU Ultralite Mk3 Hybrid and a Soundcraft 22-MTK, which both have issues (the Soundcraft has a lot of (EMI?) noise, weak headphone output and weak USB insert gain; the MOTU has extremely "fragile" drivers on Windows 10 Pro in 2023 with intermitten LOUD pops and crackles).

I am an American in Maryland, United States. I am considering purchasing from Thomann US (www.thomannmusic.com) where the Fireface UFX III is listed at USD$2,399.00 and the ARC USB is listed at USD$145.00 which is way lower than Sweetwater ($3199 + $179).

1) Do I still get a manufacturer warranty from RME if I buy from Germany as an American?

2) Does Thomann's 3 year warranty apply to my purchase?

3) How much should I expect to pay U.S. Customs and Border Patrol?
- I have seen synths have an import tax of 5.4%, elsewhere seen that audio equipment is not subject to duty, and that someone in the US like me on reddit bought a UFX III from Thomann and paid ~$41 for the duty fee via UPS Express Saver.

4) Overall does anyone have strong recommendations for or against buying from Thomann US? Their website shows 3-4 week wait time before the unit is back in stock. I am willing to wait if it will save me so many hundreds of dollars!

Thanks in advance for any advice. This is my first post but I hope I will soon have a couple of reasons to post more big_smile