Topic: Digiface Dante and Sonoma

Sonoma not working here.  Digiface Dante...latest driver and firmware.  M1 Pro Macbook Pro

Audio and video glitching, dropping out, repeating, etc.  Does this is Abelton and Logic Pro, as well as YT and regular audio playback.  CPU spikes in Logic when dropouts / glitches occur.

Have reinstalled drivers, made sure security permissions were set correctly, disabled login items, etc.  No change.  Using 4.09 and FW ver 56

Any help or suggestions would be so greatly appreciated.

Re: Digiface Dante and Sonoma

(split from other topic because not so much related to whether drivers can be installed in the first place)

Please provide more details about the setup.
Have you tried other USB ports or cables?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thank you for getting back in touch with me so quickly.

The setup is as listed above.  M1 Pro Macbook Pro.  Sonoma installed on primary drive.  The Digiface Dante is using the latest Firmware and Driver.  Macbook has 16gb mem and 1TB hd

Dante controller works fine...and recognizes the DF as it should.  The machine was updated without unplugging any cables so it was working perfectly with Ventura the day previously.  I am using an OWC USB C hub and an OWC TB hub on the machine.  The DF Dante was connected to the OWC USB C hub via a USB 3 cable (non USB C...full size).  DF Dante is powered by external power not through USB.

I also have this system connected via TB to a Pro Tools HDX system using a REDNET 5 as the bridge to the Dante side.    The HDX system appears to work fine and the REDNET 5 is connected directly to the DF Dante.  So the Dante side of things works as expected.  It's the USB side that is acting up.

I will try connecting the DF Dante direct to the Macbook to see if somehow the cable is now faulty and to another port.  This seems unlikely since everything else is working as expected and it is all running off the same port.  If I cannot get this sorted I assume I will need to roll back to Ventura.

If there is anything I missed please let me know I will update ASAP

Thank you again!

4 (edited by kamurah 2023-10-02 13:38:56)

For clarification...(it's hard for me to follow and it's MY system)

Here is how everything is connected:

Macbook -> OWC TB hub -> OWC USB Hub

OWC TB hub -> OWC USB Hub (port 1), Pro Tools TB Chassis (Port 2), OWC SSD (Port 3)

OWC USB hub -> DF Dante (Port 1), USB Hub for other peripherals (Port 2), Ethernet (for Dante controller of REDNET devices - the FETH software ports on the DF Dante for some reason do not pass through to the REDNET devices), HDMI -> Monitor

I have is set up this way because I also use the Macbook Pro as a live performance computer using a Babyface Pro, and it is easier to just unplug one cable and go.

Hope this makes sense

5 (edited by kamurah 2023-10-02 15:00:26)

This is so odd...

OK system seems to be working.  I can only assume it was the USB cable.

I have changed out the cable connecting the DF Dante...and with all other parts being in the same place and without further changes....it all works now.

So very odd.  It worked perfectly yesterday before the udate. 

Well...thank you for the reply and the support.  I will reply back if any other wonkiness happens, but I am just relieved this has been resolved.

Hey all,

I hope it's okay for me to join this thread. Since updating to macOS Sonoma, I've been experiencing similar issues to what kamurah has described. I'm using the latest DriverKit driver (4.09) and firmware v56 on an M1 Max MacBook Pro running macOS 14.0.

I've already tried different USB cables, but that didn't seem to make any difference, unfortunately. The USB Settings window doesn't show any CRC errors either. My DigiFace is connected directly to one of the MacBook's USB ports using a USB-A to USB-C adapter. Other than that, I don't have any devices connected to my MacBook.

The DigiFace is usually connected to a Behringer X32 using the X-Dante card, but I'm also experiencing those glitches when it's not connected to any network and I'm just monitoring audio using the built-in headphone output. It all worked well under macOS Ventura, so my hunch is that the upgrade to Sonoma is what causes these issues.

Is there anything else I could try to troubleshoot this issue? Please let me know if I can provide any further information.

Thank you in advance!