Topic: [Solved] Sonoma and Babyface

First post!

I've been a babyface user for years, but since my Sonoma upgrade I've been unable to use it other than sporadically.  The Fireface USB settings app just doesn't seem to want to start, and I can't find anyway to troubleshoot or get it working.  I've uninstalled, reinstalled, tried various versions, and at one point it just started working.... and then stopped again later.  very frustrating.  is this a well known issue with Sonoma?  I'm aware there needs to be a flash update for the latest driver version, but I can't get it recognised to be able to flash it!

thanks in advance

Re: [Solved] Sonoma and Babyface

You will need driver version 3.28 to update the firmware in order to then be able to use 4.09.
Which driver is installed at the moment?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

it is 328.  but it the app doesn't open on startup, and the flash tool doesn't run either.  The interface itself appears to be functioning correctly, but the driver won't load.  Is there a way to completely remove everything and install from scratch?  thanks.

4 (edited by waedi 2023-11-23 17:37:25)

Is Totalmix working ?
Sure the Babyface is not in CC-mode ?
Press and hold the two lower buttons during powering up will switch the unit from CC-mode to normal-mode or back.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

definitely not in cc mode.  Totalmix starts, but no window available - mismatch detected..workspace file contains no data for connected devices.

I think I'm going to try and get it all completely removed somehow and get started again.

6 (edited by waedi 2023-11-23 18:01:28)

You can delete Fireface settings app and Totalmix app from the applications folder and reinstall the driver
and you should try with different USB cables

its an odd one sorry - I've never had a problem using a usb hub before, but now plugging in directly it actually works.  lights are on, but not functioning unless direct connect.  very strange.  but thanks for help.

Oha ! Glad you solved it !
You may change the title of the thread, add SOLVED

interestingly though, has anyone else seen this as a problem?  the functionality causing usb comms through a hub when it wasn't there before?