Topic: RAYDAT output randomly failed

My RAYDAT was working last night and today I woke up and it wasn't working.  I commenced troubleshooting, and after updating my drivers and firmware (to no avail), I discovered by accident the only way I could get sound out is by using a different output.  What would cause this to change on it's own??  Is this normal operation?

Previously:  I used the SPDIF output (coax) for my main out, which, in my aggregate setup is outputs 99-100.

Now: The only way I can get sound out of the coax spdif is by selecting outs 1-2 of the RAYDAT, and then somehow it's being mirrored or redirected to the SPDIF output.  These outputs are 65-66 in my aggregate setup.

Specifics:

I'm playing from Logic Pro 10.4.1 through an aggregate device that contains HDSPE MADI and HDSPE RAYDAT cards on Mac OX10.12.6 at 48k syncing externally by wordclock (and internally via sync in on the raydat).

Re: RAYDAT output randomly failed

First thing I would do Logic update to the actual newest version 10.8
You can save a copy of the old Logic as backup.
Also if possible bring MacOS up to date 14.1

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

I can't do either of those two things due to plugin and hardware compatibility.

Somehow mirrored? You did not check in TotalMix from to where the signal flows? Also the moment you updated the drivers you made it impossible to ever find out what happened, as this resets some settings and updates TotalMix.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME