Topic: UFX III compatible with Windows 7

Hello

I'm Planning to acquire the UFX III, but I'm still on Windows 7. Could you tell me if it's compatible ?

Likewise, could you tell me if the UFX III brings an improvement concerning sound compared to UFX II ?

Thank you for your attention

2 (edited by ramses 2023-11-24 14:55:40)

Re: UFX III compatible with Windows 7

peter434 wrote:

[...]
I'm Planning to acquire the UFX III, but I'm still on Windows 7.
1- Could you tell me if it's compatible ?
2- Likewise, could you tell me if the UFX III brings an improvement concerning sound compared to UFX II ?
[...]

to 1- Sure, you see it from the driver download link.

"Windows 7 to 11 PnP driver for MADIface XT / USB / Pro, Fireface UFX+ / UFX II / UFX III, OctaMic XTC, ADI-2 Pro/AE/FS/DAC, ADI-2/4 Pro, Digiface USB / AES / Dante / Ravenna"

to 2- RME devices have no "sound" or "mojo" by themselves, it is more about a high quality "transparent" conversion.
New with the UFX III in terms of converter: it uses the same converter as the well known ADI-2 Pro FS reference converter.

Differences between UFX+/UFX II and the UFX III, pls see my blog article:
https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ent … iii-en-de/

Excel comparison sheet, see here:
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=35156

It is an excellent device, I can recommend it to you without any doubt.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thank you very very much ramses for your answer and very precious informations and precisions !

Hello ramses
I have the oppotunity to acquire an UFX III as a "B stock", available quickly. I'm a little suspicious with return product, but I think  there is not too much risk regarding the build quality of the product (?) I am always afraid of improper use.
What do you think ?
Thanks again for your attention

The UFX III has just come on the market, so B stock could not mean years of excessive usage. Nor do we sell B stock. Means you would have full warranty...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ok MC thank you very much for your intervention !!

I finally decided to go for the new product with an attractive price for Black Friday. But I'll have to wait until February.