Topic: Fireface no longer showing up in Ableton Live & Nuendo

I'm not really sure what caused this, but my Fireface 802 is no longer showing up in the dropdown menu in Ableton Live and Steinberg Nuendo.

I've recently updated my BIOS firmware and I suspect it MIGHT be the culprit. However, I can't be sure. I've tried everything from installing the latest drivers/firmware for my Fireface 802 but whatever I do it is NOT showing up.

For some reason I am getting sound though. I am just not able to utilize all my inputs and outputs on my 802 in my DAWs sad

https://i.imgur.com/BaeRw3J.jpg
Driver type not showing RME ASIO.

https://i.imgur.com/icK0XQo.jpg
Audio device not showing Fireface 802.

https://i.imgur.com/NSNDEdm.jpg
All outputs are showing up, but it's as if they're seen as seperate devices and not included in one neat RME package for some reason.

One other thing I've noticed. Normally when I switch my Fireface on TotalMix pops up. It no longer does that. Might be connected.

If anyone can help, please let me know!

2 (edited by waedi 2023-11-29 20:40:53)

Re: Fireface no longer showing up in Ableton Live & Nuendo

Seems like the device is in CC-mode ?

Activation of the Class Compliant mode is done in two ways.

Via TotalMix FX: The interface is connected to Mac or PC and can be controlled by TotalMix FX.
Check the entry Activate CC mode on disconnect in TotalMix FX Options. As soon as the con-
nection to the computer is interrupted, the Fireface 802 boots into Class Compliant mode. Upon
reconnection to the computer the CC mode is automatically disabled.

Note: When the computer enters standby mode (sleep) the interface will not change to CC mode,
as there is no disconnection – just a temporary one until the computer is switched back on.

Via Advanced Remote Control (no longer available): Remove FireWire and USB cable from the
802, turn off the unit. Connect the ARC, push and hold keys Prog and A (Talkback), then turn on
the 802. The unit boots into CC mode. With the keys Prog and B (Mono) the 802 boots into normal
mode.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

waedi wrote:

Seems like the device is in CC-mode ?

Activation of the Class Compliant mode is done in two ways.

Via TotalMix FX: The interface is connected to Mac or PC and can be controlled by TotalMix FX.
Check the entry Activate CC mode on disconnect in TotalMix FX Options. As soon as the con-
nection to the computer is interrupted, the Fireface 802 boots into Class Compliant mode. Upon
reconnection to the computer the CC mode is automatically disabled.

Note: When the computer enters standby mode (sleep) the interface will not change to CC mode,
as there is no disconnection – just a temporary one until the computer is switched back on.

Via Advanced Remote Control (no longer available): Remove FireWire and USB cable from the
802, turn off the unit. Connect the ARC, push and hold keys Prog and A (Talkback), then turn on
the 802. The unit boots into CC mode. With the keys Prog and B (Mono) the 802 boots into normal
mode.

Thanks for responding.

I've just checked. It is not in CC mode.

However.. After exiting Totalmix and reinstalling it again and then rebooting my RME asio driver is popping up in Ableton Live again. I'm honestly not sure what A) caused this and B) what solved it.

I'll keep an eye on it. Not really confident this is the last of it, but for now I'm at ease smile

ASIO not working due to incomplete reboot after driver update. See other threads.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME