Topic: Undo in Totalmix - how to do it?

I have checked manual, searched web, went through menus of TM.... But I cannot find how to make Undo/Redo in TM.

I know TM has Undo/Redo. But how to do it? It must be simple, but I am totally blind in this respect....

2 (edited by waedi 2023-12-01 23:11:00)

Re: Undo in Totalmix - how to do it?

Undo / Redo.
With the unlimited Undo and Redo changes of the mix can be undone and redone, at any time. Undo/Redo does not cover graphical changes (window size, position, channels wide/narrow etc.), and also no changes to the Presets. The accidental overwrite of an EQ Preset can not be made undone.

Undo/Redo also operates across Workspaces. Therefore a completely differently set up mixer view can be loaded via Workspace, and with a single click on Undo the previous internal mixer state is returned - but the new mixer view stays.

In Totalmix top right next to the big FX button !

Do some actions in Totalmix.
Move some faders randomly all over the place.
Clicking the Undo and Redo buttons is stepping you thru all previous actions.

https://i.ibb.co/CzPRNyM/undo.jpg

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Great, thanks. It does not have labels under Win, just arrows, so I have totally overlooked it. Manual talked about buttons, but I saw none.... :-(

I had no idea there is a difference from Mac to Win, anyway, glad you can work.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

There is no difference, and it does have labels, but not at 100% as there is not enough space.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

OK. I have it at 100%. So, no label. Might be good to add to manual a description how to make Undo. I have spent two hours to find  it in manual and on web.... And no success. I was ashamed to ask such a "stupid" question on forum....

DF USB manual 19.5. Easy to understand as the text goes through the pic elements up to down.

And to find it all you had to do is type 'Undo' after ctrl-f in the PDF. Took me 2 seconds.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

8 (edited by Kubrak 2023-12-02 16:40:58)

I have not used DF manual, but some other. And of course I have searched pdf for undo keyword, there were about 10 hits. And found only references that Undo may be used here or there. It might have been older manual, not current.

I also searched key shorcuts. Is there key shotcut for Undo?

I like RME implementation of Undo, it is great. And your products are just great.

-------------------

What about adding R and U to the arrow icons, if interface is at 100%?