1 (edited by zwap 2021-07-27 18:34:19)

Topic: Hide Fireface Settings App on MacOS Dock?

Hello developers,

i have already read about this behaviour in user critics on Thomann,
but i want to ask here:  is there really no way to hide the RME Fireface Settings App from the Mac Dock?

i mean i totally get it, that we need to have the TotalMix app always opened to work properly with the Babyface,

but the Settings app is not used here 99,9% of the time, but eating space in the already fulfilled App Dock? 
i could just quit it, after every restart, but maybe is there a routine to autoclose it - if the initalising is needed after a restart?

its handled better on Windows10, where its not visible on the desktop, even when its active...

2 (edited by sbusso 2023-12-06 16:08:35)

Re: Hide Fireface Settings App on MacOS Dock?

I'd like to have a solution for that. It is annoying to have those icons constantly in the dock. This should be a setting panel, or a top bar menu, but not app in the dock.

There seem to be ways to do so in MacOS, just google it, I'm not sure which one works. In any case, this would be a Mac feature, not one of the individual application as such.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Right-click on the icon in the dock, options, delete from dock

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

5 (edited by sbusso 2023-12-06 21:51:01)

I did google a bit before coming here, this is the last option. And yes, this is an application option, not MacOS; the application decides whether to have an icon in the dock or not in the top bar. And no, removing the app doesn't work; as soon as the fireface is connected again and the computer is back from sleep, it will reopen those apps. This is the only driver that does that; all other drivers are background and use the bar or setting panel. This is an application design choice. Not OS. I think having it at the bar would be the best option.

Thanks for your time and help.

When your Dock is overfilled you can use Alias on the Desktop,,,
Right-click onto an application, create Alias, drag and drop that alias file to the Desktop.
Very old-school but still useful.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

The Dock can be reduced to a very small size if that helps.

iMac M1, Fireface 800, Logic Pro X

This is an application design choice. Not OS. I think having it at the bar would be the best option.

its an launchd service. So its definetly an OS thing. Google it for details once more...

“Do It For Her”
My Gear: Bontempi Magic light Keyboard

You can put the Fireface Settings App in a folder inside the Mac application folder, this way it won't be launched when you connect your interface and will consequently not show up in your dock. If you need it to change a setting you can launch it manually.