Topic: Audio Dropouts/skipping with recording to usb drive

Hi, I have an RME UFX interface connected via usb to a Macbook Air Running Sierra. I am using totalmix as a mixer for live shows and am having a problem recording 2 x stereo tracks and 2 x mono tracks to usb using the recording function built into totalmix. All of the tracks record to usb ok but the audio skips on every tracks every 20 seconds or so. No silent gaps, just jumpig ahead like a cd skipping would sound like. This is only present in the recorded audio and not what is coming out of the front of house speakers. I am using an Cruzer 8gm usb and when I click on "get info" for the usb drive it say MSD-DOS (Fat 32).
Could someone please help me as I have a big gig coming up this weekend that I need to record? THanks, Nick

Re: Audio Dropouts/skipping with recording to usb drive

Is this issue in the audio files or only when playback from stick via DuRec function ?
If you copy the audio files into a computer and watch the waveform in a DAW Reaper for example, is it jumping when play ?
Is it visible in the wave ?

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Hi, Yes it is in the wav file when played from a computer. Also after I split it into seperate wav files using the multichannel wav converter from rme. I also have noticed that there are errors showing in the Durec recording window in totalmix during recording.

The problem seems to have corrected itself now as I have plugged the ufx usb cable into the left side of the macbook air instead of the right and now it is weirdly not showing and errors during recording and the recorded audio file plays back on Mac without errors. Thanks

Thanks for clearing this up.
Yes, this is weird and mystery, the two ports should be identical, the cable may be broken ?

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Do the ports have to be identical? I do not know about Mac, but in PC they may be different. It is not that rare on PC that one port works and the other not at all or poorly....

@nwarren1981
Hello!!

Check out this video from RME, as well:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoctQ_8ji9o

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632