Topic: Issues with 802 when working at 192kHz/32 bit floating

As per subject, when working at 192/32 my 802 has all sorts of issues.

Specifically after a while one of two things happen: sounds starts distorting and glitching and/or I get suddenly no sound.

This is sometimes fixed by switching the driver to something else (generic low latency for example) and then putting it back to Asio while sometimes it requires a full restart.

I am on a very powerful PC (Win11), and I have the same issue in Nuendo, Reaper and Pro Tools. Drivers are up to date. I don't recall having the same issue on Mac, but now I'm second-guessing my memory and can't remember if instead I've only worked at 192/24 on Mac.

I know the 802 doesn't support 32bit floating but a friend pointed me to this: https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=38346, which was an interesting read and I learned that this limitation shouldn't be the issue.

The weird thing is that I tried swapping with a cheap Motu M4 which I use for working remotely and it works like a charm... Id love any help!

Re: Issues with 802 when working at 192kHz/32 bit floating

Please provide more details about the PC setup.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Sure, it's an AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 16-core, 128GB RAM. I'm on Windows 11 Pro. Anything else that you need to know?

Have you tried all available USB ports? Do higher latency settings help?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME