1 (edited by singeorge 2023-12-18 11:40:50)

Topic: USB Audio Interface and matching Preamps

Hi!

I am interested in buying a USB Audio Interface and a microphone preamplifier that matches the mic preamps on that interface.

I was looking at the mic preamps specs eg. of 12Mic and Fireface UFX III and they don't seem to be the same.

Could you please point me to a USB Audio Interface and a preamp of your company that have the same preamps?

2 (edited by ramses 2023-12-23 23:24:30)

Re: USB Audio Interface and matching Preamps

UFX III and 12Mic connected via MADI optical is an excellent match.
Compare the specs, both offer 75dB gain range, high quality transparent conversion.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thank you for your answer!
As I need to run an experiment for my PhD, I needed to be sure these are the same preamplifiers. UFXIII and 12Mic do seem to have the same gain, but do they also have the same specs, eg., frequency response?
By the way, as you may already know, Babyface Pro FS is the standard in music research when one needs a portable audio interface, and we have already used it in one of our projects with great results (in terms of latency, fidelity, etc.)!

I do not know what converters are insides, specs, see manual.
How many ports / types of ports do you need (Mic, Instr, Analog IN, Analog OUT) ?
An alternative might be to get the MADIface USB or HDSPe MADI FX and to connect one or two 12Mic via MADI.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13