Topic: MacOS Sonoma RAYDAT - strange mic preference

had a head scratching moment today in the studio with my new MBP and sonnet Tb chassis RAYDAT setup.

I had no sound coming into Cubase. I had sound coming into total mix and I could hear everything fine but NOTHING coming to Cubase.

Everntually after some googling I fouind out that unless Cubase or any DAW software for that matter, has 'allow microphone access' then the RME software doesn't work.

Why would i want to have internal microphone access in my professionla DAW software?

Is this a bug?

M

7950x-win 11|Macbook pro M1 Max-Sonoma| RME Raydat-Ferrofish| Sonnet TB

Re: MacOS Sonoma RAYDAT - strange mic preference

That is just what Apple decided to name the setting. It doesn't really mean "built in mic", it means audio input in general.

And this has nothing to do with RME or Cubase, it's the same for every audio interface and DAW app.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

That is just what Apple decided to name the setting. It doesn't really mean "built in mic", it means audio input in general.

And this has nothing to do with RME or Cubase, it's the same for every audio interface and DAW app.

thanks Jeff,

yes, it seems strange, especially as someone coming from windows wink everyrthing just 'works' with windows ... there seems to be a lot of hoop jumping now with macOS!

Anyway, up and running .

Thanks for your support and great products over the years, I've 'known' MC since Nuendo v1 days when it really was the wild west with computers etc.... he had me soldering capacitors into a montherboard at one point LOL

M

7950x-win 11|Macbook pro M1 Max-Sonoma| RME Raydat-Ferrofish| Sonnet TB

Yeah, those were the times smile

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME