Topic: ARC USB button broken

A few weeks ago I noticed the button I use for talkback on my ARC USB had failed - it works if I push it in the top corner, but doesn't if I roll my finger back to the middle of the button.

I'm taking it apart, but I can't see how to remove the plastic volume control? Any clues? Also, none of the buttons are through-hole - is this actually something I might be able to fix?

Re: ARC USB button broken

The switches below the button are easy to replace for people that can handle a solder iron. The knob is removed by sliding two credit cards under the knob  from two sides and then lifting it up.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks! Is there a part number for the button?

Send me an email and I'll find out.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

5 (edited by jg_RME 2023-12-22 12:42:33)

The Mute button (most used) on my ARC USB is becoming unresponsive.  @Daniel, did you find the PN for the buttons?

For self repair, the Synth-parts.com is a good source.
Is the part looking like this ?

https://www.synth-parts.com/media/image/1b/90/a7/Shopbild75gxIoLmU3R97.webp

It's from here :
https://www.synth-parts.com/produkte/ta … 3-mm?c=933

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Oh, I don't know.  I was waiting to disassemble until I had the parts in hand since RME Tech Support knows exact part #. Otherwise I disassemble twice or have to leave it unusable while I investigate.

Yes, of course.
It was not a recommendation, more a tip for hobby repair guys.

The recommendation is clear :
Send the unit to service partner.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

@waedi Thank you for the reference of synth-parts.com.  I fully intend to the do repair myself as through-hole soldering is easy.  ARC USB is not an expensive device and likely uneconomical to send in for service, in addition to the downtime cost.  It just doesn't make sense to put the unit out of operation to disassemble for the sake of discovery if RME can share the correct PN.  That is why I don't know if the button looks like that.

With the correct PN from the mfr, I can order new buttons for minimum cost then fix the unit in 1 afternoon.

Did anyone find the Part Number? Or a matching replacement?