Topic: UCX II - Standalone stereo ch level

Hello,

I'm using my UCX II in standalone mode and I'm trying to understand the control options from the unit itself.
I have a stereo synth connected to inputs 3/4 and I want to control its level (sent to my headphones).
However, the only way I found to control the level of this "stereo" channel is by adjusting the levels of channels 3 and 4 separately with the Fader parameter.
It seems that there's no way to control both channels at the same time like in TMFX.
I can also see that there's an option to configure the channel's type as Stereo or Mono in the channel's settings page, but I'm not sure what is the purpose of this option.
I might be missing something and would appreciate your help/insight.

Thank you and happy holidays!

https://i.imgur.com/PFojdL3.jpg

Re: UCX II - Standalone stereo ch level

A push-click on the rotary encoder knob will switch it from Main-out volumen to Phones (headphone) volumen control.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

3 (edited by udi9 2023-12-23 20:06:24)

waedi wrote:

A push-click on the rotary encoder knob will switch it from Main-out volumen to Phones (headphone) volumen control.

Thank you, waedi.
This will control the overall volume of the phones, but I want to control the level of the specific channel (like Analog 3/4 in TMFX).

Dual-channel 'mix' faders are indeed not present in the unit. The Channel type Stereo simplifies settings in the Settings page, as they are automatically set identical on the other channel.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Dual-channel 'mix' faders are indeed not present in the unit. The Channel type Stereo simplifies settings in the Settings page, as they are automatically set identical on the other channel.

Thank you for clarifying, Matthias.
If possible, it would be great if you could add this option (since we do have the option to control the Gain of both channels together).

Is it possible to control it with MIDI?
If I'm understanding correctly, I'd have to send two CC/note messages at the same time for the two channels?

udi9 wrote:

Is it possible to control it with MIDI?
If I'm understanding correctly, I'd have to send two CC/note messages at the same time for the two channels?

Answering myself here,
I just realized that standard MIDI control wouldn't work, because the Mackie Control protocol is required.
(I'm controlling TMFX with a simpler version of Mackie Control, but it isn't compatible with standalone mode).