Topic: Is Totalmix & USB Settings launching on startup normal on a Mac?

I have just got a UCX II and the ARC USB and everytime i reboot Totalmix and USB setting start up in the lower menu bar of my Mac. Is this normal?

All my other start up programmes start up in the upper menu bar and are out of the way. Surely the RME programmes should be doing the same?

Is there a way I can set this up so it does not happen? I don't mind the programmes running if they need to be, but having an extra two icons on my menu bar is problematic.

My initial impression is that the UCX does sound great, so the last thing i would want to do is to return it because of a couple of icons.

Re: Is Totalmix & USB Settings launching on startup normal on a Mac?

Is your dock overfilled with apps ?
You could clean out the dock and use some shortcuts on the desktop instead.
In the Finder, in the applications folder, right-click on an app, create alias, drag and drop this alias to the desktop, voila shortcut.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

waedi wrote:

Is your dock overfilled with apps ?
You could clean out the dock and use some shortcuts on the desktop instead.
In the Finder, in the applications folder, right-click on an app, create alias, drag and drop this alias to the desktop, voila shortcut.

Thanks, but that's not really the solution I am looking for. All my apps I use on a regular basis, so I don't want to move them.

After my initial set up, I can't see me wanting to go into Totalmix nor USB settings. So moving often used programmes to make way for unused ones just doesn't make sense.

Seems strange that they are forcing me to have this icons on my desktop when I don't want them there. I've never come across any software before that keeps them there, and doesn't move them to the top menu bar.

You also can have more than one desktop and the Dock size can be adjusted in the preferences.

waedi wrote:

You also can have more than one desktop and the Dock size can be adjusted in the preferences.

Thanks, but again that's not a solution. I only want one desktop with apps I use, not ones that I don't.

6 (edited by Apfel 2023-12-30 10:20:06)

waedi wrote:

… the Dock size can be adjusted in the preferences.

That IS the solution! Why don't people use this option? How many icons do you have in the dock? Hundreds? You can even make the dock dispappear and only show up on mouse over.

iMac M1, Fireface 800, Logic Pro X

Matmah wrote:
waedi wrote:

Thanks, but again that's not a solution. I only want one desktop with apps I use, not ones that I don't.

this article can be interesting for you :
https://wiki.freepascal.org/Hiding_a_ma … m_the_Dock