Topic: RME RAydat ADAT1 and 3 not working

Hi to all! I'm new here, so I don't know if this issue has been addressed before... I'm working with a PC, i7 6700k 32gb RAM and Win10. My PCI card is RME HDSP Raydat. Suddenly,ADAT1 and ADAT3 stopped working just like that. I have 2 RME ADI8QS converters  and a Focusrite Clarett Octopre connected via optical cables. The first ADI8QS is the master and the other two as slaves. Unfortunately my PC sees only ADAT2 and ADAT4 for some reason, so  I cannot use the third converter. Anyone?

2 (edited by waedi 2023-12-22 11:57:00)

Re: RME RAydat ADAT1 and 3 not working

I would do cable loopback test and watch Totalmix.
Send a signal to every Adat output and loopback with a toslink cable to every adat input one after one to find out exactly wich output can provide a signal and wich input can receive.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

And make sure all 4 are set to adat and not spdif.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

Hello and thanks for the reply. I've done these things you mentioned and the result is the same...Adat 1 and 3 not sending or receiving signal, even though light passes through all the ports from the Raydat...

Thanks for report and good you mentioned light comes thru, that leads to the next thing, firmware update.
Is the firmware up to date ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

waedi wrote:

Thanks for report and good you mentioned light comes thru, that leads to the next thing, firmware update.
Is the firmware up to date ?

Yes, firmware and drivers are up to date
Today i tried again, adat 3 was trying to lock but to no avail...
I don't know, maybe the ports are broken?

Might be. You can further pin down if input or output is broken, by using known working ones.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Merry Christmas to everyone!
Thank you all for the replies
I've tried to connect to the working ones, still adat 1 and 3 not working
I wonder if I connect via adat only the outputs of the two ADI8qs and the Clarett's in the input of Raydat (cause I need to record 24 channels in my studio, I have 2 rooms,16 channels in the big room from the two ADI8qs and 8channels from Clarett for the smaller one) an have one ADI8qs only as output for monitoring
I forgot to mention that all 24 channels go through an analog console, an AMEK Einstein I use for preamp
AMEK Einstein -> ADI8qs and Clarett -> PC (my signal routing)
The converters are connected to PC only by ADAT, no USB, no Thunderbot etc...

MorbidG wrote:

Merry Christmas to everyone!
Thank you all for the replies
I've tried to connect to the working ones, still adat 1 and 3 not working
I wonder if I connect via adat only the outputs of the two ADI8qs and the Clarett's in the input of Raydat (cause I need to record 24 channels in my studio, I have 2 rooms,16 channels in the big room from the two ADI8qs and 8channels from Clarett for the smaller one) an have one ADI8qs only as output for monitoring
I forgot to mention that all 24 channels go through an analog console, an AMEK Einstein I use for preamp
AMEK Einstein -> ADI8qs and Clarett -> PC (my signal routing)
The converters are connected to PC only by ADAT, no USB, no Thunderbot etc...

Anyone?

If 2 pairs of ADAT are not working it doesn't matter how you interface with you converters. You can only record 16 channels with two working ADAT input connectors.

If you tested by physically looping each input into each output and ADAT pairs 1 & 3 show no input/output signals in Totalmix, then it sounds like the card is obviously defective and should be sent in for repair. Replacing the ADAT connectors themselves is not too hard, even for a novice. But there's no guarantee that that will fix the problem. If you're seeing the connectors output light, I would assume something further up the electrical chain is failing.

MADI FX, Fireface UFX+, ADI-648, HDSPe RayDAT, ADI-192 DD