Topic: FireFace 800 - Sonoma 14.2.1

Hi all,

New here in this forum. I've recently update my Mac to an M1 studio and Sonoma 14.2.1 (more updated MacOS).

I have installed the RME 3.41 driver as per instructions and the RME is already working but I could not update the firmware due to apple is noting that 'Firface Flash' must be updated...by developer to work with this MacOS version...

So, I'm not sure about the firmware version in my Fireface 800; notice that I was previously working in HighSierra with an older iMac (ending 2011 year).

Should I update the RME anyways? How can I check the current firmware in my FF800?

Not sure about the consequences about using the FF800 in Sonoma 14.2.1 version without the latest firmware available (which I don't really now what is for the FF800).

Can anyone please advise on this?

Many thanks in advance, I hope it works as it is or we can find the way to improve the firmware if required...

Cheers!

Re: FireFace 800 - Sonoma 14.2.1

The last firmware update was from around 2009, so if you did not update since then you will need to do so. The Fireface Settings app has the firmware version listed, should be v2.77

You can update the unit on any Intel Mac with an older OS version or on a Windows system with FireWire.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Oh, you are right, so I could update through my old iMac to check out the v.2.77 firmware is what is running my FF.

What I can read when selecting the FF in audio preferences in Logic is:

'Fireface 800 (73B)'

Not sure if that is giving any info about the firmware or what.

Thanks for your reply Jeff, appreciated!

Hi
As Jeff writes above, the firmware is shown in the Fireface settings app window.

UCX - FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2